Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PlayStation Move

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Grayditch wrote: »
    ;)

You have a filthy mind Grayditch

Shame on you this is a games forum :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think i hate this kid, but here's it is anyway.

I won't be using this feature but anyway here's more.

as you can see "it is not light up".

182436-fff.jpg

13 percent of customers on Amazon that viewed the Move Champion Pack purchased it for $24.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Varik wrote: »
    182436-fff.jpg

13 percent of customers on Amazon that viewed the Move Champion Pack purchased it for $24.99.

I'll be purchasing the Move but there's no way in hell I'll be buying those prepherals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

im getting the move , time crisis here i come xD

im getting the move , time crisis here i come xD

Do i have the product for you, pew pew.

speedlink-peacemaker.jpg
    The PEACEMAKER Move Gun will provide more realism as this motion controller gun attachment is of the same size and design as a classic revolver. It goes without saying that full access to the input device’s functions are retained – and even the Start and Select buttons can continue to be used, with the rear shoulder button being operated by the PEACEMAKER’s trigger, just like a real gun.

I had a huge(was immense then, huge now) light gun for the ps1 and it still works but can't remember the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Take your pick of reviews guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

?

?

It slightly odd that he didn't link the reviews but there are now a lot of them around, kotaku has about 15 different articles on the subject today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

?

Builders woke him up.
    Didn't get his coffee.
    He'll sneak back later for a ninja edit...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

It slightly odd that he didn't link the reviews but there are now a lot of them around, kotaku has about 15 different articles on the subject today.

Its not very hard to find a review.

padair wrote: »
    Its not very hard to find a review.

yes, i think people know about Google at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

yes, i think people know about Google at this stage.

Have Google reviewed the Move. It would not suprise me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I refuse to apologise for my lack of links, any website that had anything to do with gaming had about 4 articles on the subject :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

So for anyone getting this, do you think you'll pick up a few things aswell as the Move?

This more than likely wont be a day 1 purchase for me but when I do pick it up I would be looking to buy:
    2 Moves
    1 Sub controller
    Sports Champion
    And a Move controller dock.

Already have the PSeye and I think you're going to need two moves to really enjoy this because I wouldn't see myself playing it on my own. Im a sucker for controller docks aswell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I'll be getting two Move controllers and Tumble (from PSN). It's a pity that Time Crisis Razing Storm isn't out at launch here (as it's a launch title elsewhere according to Wikipedia etc), as I'm really looking forward to that. I might get Sports Champions as well, I'm guessing there might be a few bundles in store to cater to people like me who already have a PSEye.

I'm not sure if I should get it day one though. I already have Heavy Rain, MAG and Flower so I can try them out, I might get Resi 5 Gold as well, but most of the 'launch' games I want to play aren't out until October/November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I hated the wii so would this not be for me ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ZOLTAN28

Hating the Wii is like hating puppies

Headshot wrote: »

I've got a Wii. The quality of games isn't amazing. Well some may argue that. It all comes down to preference in the end.

Personally I think the Move has more going for it with (imo) better games being released for it than the Wii has.

I enjoy the Wii but it'd never be my first choice of console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Headshot wrote: »

Nope i have a Wii and dont like it, ive tried the Move out a good few times now on a whole host of games and its very good. SOCOM with the move was something else that game looks so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

That_Guy wrote: »
    Personally I think the Move has more going for it with (imo) better games being released for it than the Wii has.
    When Move gets a game as good as Mario Galaxy, then we'll talk. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

It's pretty decent that they're going backwards compatible for some of the games. I'll get it and try it in MAG - presume the patched-in move support will work the same as SOCOM as it's the same developers - but not interested in all the sports games. Already have them on the Wii, they're good for an intro to motion stuff and for mates, but you tire of them quickly. Maybe Kinect will freshen them up once more :) Red Steel 2 and Metroid Prime Trilogy are awesome with the wiimote as the aimer, so PS3 HD & online shooters = Win. RTS Move game Ruse has my interest as well, but I doubt it can hold a candle to Starcraft II and suspect it's a bit gimmicky.

Someone above mentioned kotaku - have they got a serious boner for the Move or what? Almost every review is overwhelmingly positive for the Move games even though most of them are just rejigged Wii games in HD. The videos are even more OTT - as a multiformat site you'd think they'd be a bit more impartial! Eurogamer's racism analysis of Sports Champion is far more unbiased (and entertaining) http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-01-sports-champions-review

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

RAIN wrote: »

Man that guys playing it is terrible spent half the time running down the road with a grenade in his hand !!

MAG is meant to be very though to make the cross over as your are up against people on controllers. I think having a Move only game would be good for practice.

gizmo wrote: »

I'm not denying that Mario Galaxy wasn't a good game. It was extremely fun and thorougly enjoyed it.

Again, it's all down to preference. I wouldn't be the biggest fan of the Wii games on offer. Some of them are incredible but I just think that the Move will have a lot more of the type of games that I enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Man that guys playing it is terrible spent half the time running down the road with a grenade in his hand !!

MAG is meant to be very though to make the cross over as your are up against people on controllers. I think having a Move only game would be good for practice.

Hmmh think I'm gna pick it up again. Im burnt out of battlefield and I need something to keep me going until Halo Reach!

Hmmh think I'm gna pick it up again. Im burnt out of battlefield and I need something to keep me going until Halo Reach!

Ive been hooked back in by it again the new beta gave it new life forgot just how good a game it is.

I can wait for Halo its pretty average, played it and can see no difference between it and Halo 3. It was so uninspiring ive promised the promo copy to one of my other writers as i would tear it apart for being so bad. that way i can spend all my time on the Move games.

gizmo wrote: »

They could have made that for a controller to be honest, the 6 axis and a addition analogue stick would have handled it.

The bit at the end of the clip where he tracks two enemies running alongside him shows the advantage of using Move quite well. The rest of the clip shows how bad a player/editor he is! I presume you can increase the turn speed too as its quite slow there. Good link! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ZOLTAN28

I have never felt the Wii to be in Competition with the other two consoles - it is a console you would have in addition to your PS3 or 360 or a console you would have if you were not the type that normally went for consoles.

I am looking forward to Move as it will give me the playability of the Wii combined with the high end power of the PS3.

Would still like to know how all those eBay sellers are getting away with charging more than RRP for it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

I played a demo of 'The Shoot' using the move in NYC. To be honest i wasnt that impressed with it.

I know it was only a demo and it was my first time playing, but i thought i would have had more fun with a lightgun than the waggle stick.

It seemed to be slow on recognising what i was pointing to, not a huge improvement on the wiimote.

Mine just landed in the door so give me a few hours to test it out and ill let ye know what its like.

Ive Sports champions, Eye pet move, Kung fu riders, start the party and the demo move starter disk.

Popping into town now to see if i can get resi evil 5 gold edition cheap somewhere and ill test it with MAG once the beta opens later today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Mine just landed in the door so give me a few hours to test it out and ill let ye know what its like.

Ive Sports champions, Eye pet move, Kung fu riders, start the party and the demo move starter disk.

Popping into town now to see if i can get resi evil 5 gold edition cheap somewhere and ill test it with MAG once the beta opens later today.

awesome just what i been waiting to hear.. why wont the original re5 not work though?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

awesome just what i been waiting to hear.. why wont the original re5 not work though?

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/26/resident-evil-5-gold-edition-to-get-move-patch-original-re5-ca/

They said that they will only be patching the Gold edition. It's a shame for the people that have baught the DLC.

I cant find the Gold edition anywhere might order it on line i was told that the patch wont be released untill the release date of the controller. But a site i write for in the UK got there pack with Res evil 5 and heavy rain included and they could play them. Unless they where a different move edition or something.

Tumble is addictive that's all ive played so far its something onto a Jenga game where you built up or knock down towers of blocks. Really simple idea really addictive gameplay.

How did you get it already mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

That_Guy wrote: »
    How did you get it already mate?

Check out his sig.

Check out his sig.

I figured it out as soon as I posted. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Shame about the original resi 5 not getting a patch for move compatibility :mad:.

But it's not all bad pre-ordered the gold move version from zavvi thanks to someone posting it in bargain alerts ( I think ) .

Have you got to play sorcery at all Grumpypants ? really looking forward to that.

Clover wrote: »
    Shame about the original resi 5 not getting a patch for move compatibility :mad:.

But it's not all bad pre-ordered the gold move version from zavvi thanks to someone posting it in bargain alerts ( I think ) .

Have you got to play sorcery at all Grumpypants ? really looking forward to that.

No, i did get to see it at Gamescom but i didnt get to play it but it does look good.

MAG is a bit disappointing it is really hard to control and still works in a similar way to the controller rather than a light gun. Plus as its in your right hand and you would usually aim a real gun with your left it makes it a bit weird. Plenty of settings to mess with so im hoping it improves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I pre booked it in game in cork with 2x game card points so will get a bit extra off when I go pick it up

Also 10% student discount on top of that

Getting the move box with ps eye
    A nav thing
    The sports game
    And have resi 5 pre booked from zavvi to

So what are you guys getting then ?

MAG is a bit disappointing it is really hard to control and still works in a similar way to the controller rather than a light gun. Plus as its in your right hand and you would usually aim a real gun with your left it makes it a bit weird. Plenty of settings to mess with so im hoping it improves.

:confused: Every gun joypad and controller on consoles (even light gun games) uses your right hand to aim. Plus surely you could just swap hands if it's that much of a bother? They're usable with either hand afaik.

:confused: Every gun joypad and controller on consoles (even light gun games) uses your right hand to aim. Plus surely you could just swap hands if it's that much of a bother? They're usable with either hand afaik.

I know but its just a bit strange with a FPS as you move the gun rather than just aim at the screen. Plus i have to use the dual shock for controlling the character so have to use my left hand for the analogue stick.

I know but its just a bit strange with a FPS as you move the gun rather than just aim at the screen. Plus i have to use the dual shock for controlling the character so have to use my left hand for the analogue stick.

You don't have the Nav or it requires a DS3?

• Advertisement

Ok over all its pretty good in the right game. Tumble could be one of the best game on it, imagine a cross between 3D tetris and jenga and your getting close the multiplayer will waste countless hours of peoples lives its brilliant yet simple.

The calibration is perfect for games like the shoot, you really can point and shoot in a way the Wii cant do as you cant calibrate it, pitty the game is garbage.

FPS are kind of wierd if they get the right attachments and developers use it correctly it could be good but for the momment i prefer the controller.

TPS are a different story they are really good with it, SOCOM was brilliant when i tried it out.

Tiger woods is very good but as exciting as real golf !!

Overall it works really well, its not always used correctly but its early days. I would recomend the starter pack for those thinking of getting it the demos give you a good idea of the games that are out and are prob long enough to give you as much as you need to play for most of the games like the shoot. I think puzzle games will be the best use of it.

You don't have the Nav or it requires a DS3?

Only have the DS3 at the moment will be getting a nav though and prob second Move for games that neeed two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

To celebrate the launch of PlayStation®Move the PlayStation Hub will be opening at No.50 South William Street, Dublin 2.

Come along on Thursday 16th September from 6.30pm - 9.30pm and be among the first to demo PlayStation® Move. You'll also get a chance to demo some other great PS3 titles.

We would like to offer you and a friend the chance to be the first to visit the PlayStation Hub before it opens to the public! Come along on Thursday 16th September from 6.30pm - 9.30pm and be among the first to demo PlayStation®Move.

To register for this exclusive preview evening email playstationhub@scee.net with your name, address, telephone number and date of birth.*

If you arent free on the 16th September dont worry. PlayStation Hub will be open for 8 weeks so pop in any time. Everyone who visits the PlayStation Hub will be in with a chance to win a PS3 and PlayStation®Move starter pack.

*Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Preview evening open to over 18's only

Just got that e-mail there. Maybe someone here would be interested in going.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

Grumpypants, what games are on the demo disk?
    Thanks.

dmaxontour wrote: »
    Grumpypants, what games are on the demo disk?
    Thanks.

You get 9 games
    TV superstars
    Tigerwoods
    Sports champions
    The shoot
    Beat sketcher
    Echoshift 2
    Thumble
    Eye pet
    One other i cant think off.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

The other one is Start The Party.

There's a good lot of info here with Q&A at the bottom.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/09/07/everything-you-need-to-know-about-playstation-move/

• Advertisement
Advertisement