Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PlayStation Move

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

basquille wrote: »
    Update kids.. the offer from Gamestop IS the bundle with free game.

See Gamestop Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/GameStopIreland

And see this conversation:

That's a crazy good deal then at that price. I ordered it myself yesterday (too late to get it today) Already have the camera myself so guess I'm going to have one spare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

The guy on the phone told me there is no way for getting it in store for 55 euro

Saves me a trip so.Gonna go pick up a move controller now and try out some of the demo's from the PSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Saves me a trip so.Gonna go pick up a move controller now and try out some of the demo's from the PSN

Tumble is a tenner on the PSN. Get it. It's seriously good. Very addictive.

That_Guy wrote: »

Yeah the impression I've been getting is that Tumble and Sport Champions are the two best launch titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

That_Guy wrote: »

have the trial version downloading at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

Was going to pop down to Smyths after work and get the starter bundle, an extra move and one navigation thingy and a copy of sports champions - anybody know if there are any decent bundles in store (Smyths are elsewhere) or am I forking out €160 odd?

I know I can order the GS deal online, but kinda wanted to get this in store and mess about with it this weekend.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Yeah the impression I've been getting is that Tumble and Sport Champions are the two best launch titles.

I've played the trial version in a mates house and decided it was definitely worth a purchase.

Highly recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Just got off the phone with Gamestop HQ and it's definitly online only.
    Everybody seems to be the same price for controllers and sports champions in store I checked Xtravision, Gamestop, Game and Smyths.

A bit of a pain in the ring. I already have the camera so the starter pack is no good to me.

How much for the controllers in Argos?

Everybody seems to be the same price for controllers and sports champions in store I checked Xtravision, Gamestop, Game and Smyths.

A bit of a pain in the ring. I already have the camera so the starter pack is no good to me.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9268063/Trail/searchtext%3EPLAYSTATION+MOVE.htm

The sub controller seems to be a good price in Argos too.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9268032/Trail/searchtext%3EPLAYSTATION+MOVE.htm

Might pick the sub after work. Am waiting on my delivery of the starter pack from Gamesnash. :)

• Advertisement

The controller on its own is €39.99 in smyths

link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I really wasn't that interested in gettin the Move for a while but now that its out I kinda want to get it. :D Only problem is there doesn't seem to be a killer app for it that I'm really excited about. Sports Champions looks okay and Tumble looks fun but.......

Anyone else feel this way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

Just after buying Move starter pack from Smyths Jervis St for €54.99. Plenty of stock there. They have the Move demo/try thing there tomorrow 1-5pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

;)

Why can't they accept Laser online! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Has anyone actually been able to order the thing online?

No matter what address I enter it just says Shipping address 1 too long.

Neither my home nor work address are small enough for their piece of **** website.

Absolutely retarded.

holesdetails.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I really wasn't that interested in gettin the Move for a while but now that its out I kinda want to get it. :D Only problem is there doesn't seem to be a killer app for it that I'm really excited about. Sports Champions looks okay and Tumble looks fun but.......

It's still very early days to be honest.... it's precision seems to be unmatched so how developers incorporate that in future is anyone's guess.

If you're unsure about it.. I'd say wait.

• Advertisement

Has anyone actually been able to order it off the gamestop website?

No matter what address I enter (home, work, friend's place), it says the address is too long.

Retarded. :(

holesdetails.gif

test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

I'm not even probably going to buy a game with it today. I have a tonne of demos downloaded for it. For the sake of €40 I'm happy to just get the controller, try stuff out, and then figure out which games I might want to buy.

Right now I'm thinking I'm more interested in the PSN games though. Tumble, echochrome, flight control HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Shzm wrote: »
    Why can't they accept Laser online! :mad:
    Yeah if they accepted Laser I would have bought it from them.

Instead I went in before work and got one in HMV, it's sitting beside me now. Getting a great laugh out of showing it to people in the lab. When I took it out of the box people all thought it was a microphone. :pac:

I highly recommend Flight Control HD btw, you can play it with the Move or the Dualshock. It's pretty addictive, a nice simple concept that gets pretty hard once there's over 10 planes on screen at one time. It's only €5 too!

I asked the guy in HMV about the gun attachment and he said it'd be in on the 24th. I think I might get that for playing Time Crisis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

Hot deal as seen on HDUK - 320gb PS3 + Move starter pack for just £239.99 @ Sainsbury's.

• Advertisement

Picked up my controller there at lunch time and had a quick go of Tumble, the tech is very impressive and Tumble looks like it good be a really great game. Downloaded Flight Control HD and a few demos too so that should do me fine until my other controller and sports champions (still can't get over how badly named that game is) arrive on Monday. Not to mention the game I got this week for that other console *cough* Reach *cough* should keep me occupied for the weekend.

Very impressed with the move though. It's what I expected the Wii to control like when I first saw rather than the waggle-fest it turned out to be. Tumble is a great way to show off how precise it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Just got the starter pack (€54.99) and the sub controller (€29.99) in Xtravision.
    Got to head home to the folks tonight though so I wont get to break it out until tomorrow nite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Just found out from gamestop that socom for the move is delayed until next year. I thought this game was supposed to be out in November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

padair wrote: »
    Just found out from gamestop that socom for the move is delayed until next year. I thought this game was supposed to be out in November.

Yeah, it was delayed a while back.

The same developer is patching Move controls into MAG though, if you already have it. Patch should be out very soon I guess.

Dear An Post,

Where is my Move?

Regards,
    TG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I have no idea how this game will work with the Move but...I want it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

gizmo wrote: »
    I have no idea how this game will work with the Move but...I want it. :pac:

According to the reviews, its rubbish.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/kung-fu-rider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Has anyone played this yet so? I just finished a few rounds of Sports Champions, played Table Tennis and Volleyball. I'm not entirely sure about Sports Champions, most of the games are pretty slow and not too exciting. That being said, the motion controll is really very good and reliable. Much better than the Wii.

Gonna try some Resident Evil 5 now, see how that goes!

Ah, so it doesn't work...pity :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

This and Killzone 3 is what I'm waiting for. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

This whole playstation move is a right ol' gimmick and it's marketed at the under 15's. Cos really, they don't have a clue about games so the parents will just splash out cos it looks trendy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    This whole playstation move is a right ol' gimmick and it's marketed at the under 15's. Cos really, they don't have a clue about games so the parents will just splash out cos it looks trendy.
    Yeah SOCOM 4 and Killzone 3 and Time Crisis: Razing Storm sure are marketed at the under-15's...

Judging by the games released today and those coming out over the next few months it's for all types really, young and old. Have you played anything with it yet?

The Midnight Launch didn't go according to plan everywhere unfortunately. :o

I'm quite surprised Sony didn't make the release date more well known. While I know they were up against Reach advertising they still could have tried to get the word out there better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I would have picked up the Move today if any of the software it had appealed to me. Maybe when that Sorcery game comes out, but until then, I have a Wii somewhere, I'm sure it does the same as of now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I was in town today, I absolutely couldn't believe that there wasn't a MOVE stand in GAME just off Trinity College. I went in HMV on Grafton St. and they have it set up at the back of the ground floor. Played a few of the Sony Sports Resort titles. Seemed decent enough, although with the jousting it's not really 1:1, as if I swing it 6 times, it might register 2-3 times. The frisbee works fine but personally i'm not seeing much of an improvement over the Wiimote and it's games.

That said, you can't base the technology's potential in 10 minutes with tech demos. I won't be picking it up anytime soon, but when some dedicated move-only great games come out, i'll try it again. I should mention that I am a bit sick of motion controls, having a Wii since launch, so others might be much more excited for the MOVE.

I really don't see much hullabaloo for it across town and it's just launched, I can't see it selling well at all. It's a real shame they don't have that Star Wars game ready for launch date, it could be simply amazing if done right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Actually yeah, in HMV the controllers were all hanging on the lowest point of the shelves. They had about 3 of the Pointer and 2 of the navigator.

I think they had the bundles somewhere near the front, but nowhere that struck me. Jesus, if there was even one decent looking game, i.e, NOT A SPORTS PACK, and I probably would have grabbed it today, I had a lot of stuff to trade in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Niteshade

Mag has it the beta version only so far but when the gun attachment comes out on friday it will be very cool, resident evil 5 has it(golden edition only)
    tiger woods 11 has it, so far tiger woods and mag are the best 2 i have tested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Hadn't really been that pushed up to the launch but just went into HMV in a fit of madness and came out with 2 controllers, 1 nav controller, sports champions and Ruse. I feel dirty and my credit card hates me.

if calibrated right and with the gun attachment mag would be amazing but will be extremely difficult at first. and for people comparing the wii to it, it seems nothing like the wii, it has much more responsiveness than the wii ever had.
    much move movement and 3d space involvement.

• Advertisement

if anyone has res evil 5 or mag beta, add me on psn NlTESHADE with an L

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

That game looks insane!!

looks like u gotta sit in a chair and do it ha
    not for me tho, looks like we wont remember that thing in a week and god help them if they release any sort of sequel or spin off

if anyone knows where to get the gun attachment today, id give u my kidney lol

Terms and conditions apply, may not contain human kidney,

Branoic wrote: »
    Hadn't really been that pushed up to the launch but just went into HMV in a fit of madness and came out with 2 controllers, 1 nav controller, sports champions and Ruse. I feel dirty and my credit card hates me.

After a big session or two let us know how you get on with it ;)

Small point, but was disappointed to see that the Resi 5 Gold Edition with all the bells and whistles is with a download code and not on the disc.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    After a big session or two let us know how you get on with it ;)

Small point, but was disappointed to see that the Resi 5 Gold Edition with all the bells and whistles is with a download code and not on the disc.

dont really follow u on that one, the res i have is on disc and the new things are unlockable i have used absolutely no codes unless i missed it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Niteshade wrote: »
    if calibrated right and with the gun attachment mag would be amazing but will be extremely difficult at first. and for people comparing the wii to it, it seems nothing like the wii, it has much more responsiveness than the wii ever had.
    much move movement and 3d space involvement.

I thought MAG would work like with a light gun but it doesnt you just control the on screen cross hair with the movement of the controller makes hitting target in the distance near impossible. I hope the fix it to work like a light gun that would be class.

I only bought it the other day, haven't popped it in yet. There's a code on the back of the pamphlet; combined with the wording used on the back of the box, i assumed you had to download the new DLC expansion packs?

Have you unlocked/played Lost in Nightmares and the other one without entering any codes?

(Sorry OP for bringing this off-topic, will return it to move asap lol)

i didnt play it much yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Move works with the EyeToy camera from the PS2? I know it works on the PS3 as a cam for video chat and all, but if it did work wit the move, I would have to only buy the controller and save a few quid.

This camera i'm on about: eyetoy.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Quick question.. it seems a bit odd that the camera has no method of sticking the camera to the top of the TV (a lá the Wii sensor bar). Is it supposed to go under the TV? The camera lens is tilted upwards so it's possible. Probably suits me better as the Wii sensor bar is on top of my TV.

Apologies if this is mentioned in the manual, but haven't read it yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement