Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PlayStation Move

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

Anyone got a list of the games out for move? I'll prob pick up the starter bundle today:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Predator_ wrote: »
    Anyone got a list of the games out for move? I'll prob pick up the starter bundle today:)

Top of my head there is:

RUSE
    Tiger Woods 11
    Tumble
    Resident Evil 5 (Move Edition)

Those are the ones I'd only consider getting. That Sports Champions thing doesnt interest me.

MAG will get an update in a few weeks as will Heavy Rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

I think Sony is putting their bet on selling truck loads of a PS3 SportsChampions Move bundle to casual / family gamers this Christmas, opening up a new segment of the market for them. Wii is still cheaper, but I am guessing they thinks the bluray and 3D capabilities (firmware released yesterday) will swing it in their favor - which I totally agree actually - PS3 today is a much better console than anything out there! I just hope this works out well for Sony and they then pump more money into console and games development! Bring on PS4..!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

MAG will get an update in a few weeks as will Heavy Rain.

Heavy Rain patch is out tomorrow I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Heavy Rain patch is out tomorrow I think.

Last I heard it was today, not sure what time though.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/13/heavy-rain-patches-in-move-support-september-22/

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

If anyone's in Dublin and wants to try out the Move. Go into the Playstation Hub on South William St. It's free of charge and there's a few games to play with it.

I was in last week and playing with it made up my mind that I wanted it. Heavy Rain works really well with it and Socom 4 felt good for a demo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sat down and played 'Sports Champions'.

How good is Archery and Gladiator.. great fun altogether. Played Bocchus too which was pretty good too.

It has definitely impressed me way more than Wii Sports... for one, there's no silly boxing game! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I have a Wii and I can't remember if it has foreground, background dimensions, does it. As in thrusting towards the camera?

That was one of the first things I noticed anyway. As well as how easy it is to control and how it doesn't go ape**** in the corner of the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Now that you lot have had a chance of trying this would you think Playstation Move is worth it for someone who was incredibly bored by the Wii.

I can imagine myself becoming incredibly bored with this unless they bring out some violent hack and slash games for it. Rail Shooters don't interest me, with the sight on the screen, that's no fun.

I'm looking forward to a good puzzle game, along the lines of Tumble, but.. good.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    I have a Wii and I can't remember if it has foreground, background dimensions, does it. As in thrusting towards the camera?.

Nope, the Wii only detects left/right, up/down. That's the biggest difference between Move and Wii, Move is able to detect the controller in 3D space.

It actually makes, or WILL make a huge difference. Placing the blocks in Tumble was surreal for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

I don't think i could be less enthused by the launch games if i tried. I mean come on A freakin sports game.
    Jesus they could have put a bit of effort into it and not just oh we have to have this out before Kinect.

weiland79 wrote: »
    I mean come on A freakin sports game.
    While I'm not necessarily a sports game fan, the collection of games on this are great fun.

basquille wrote: »
    While I'm not necessarily a sports game fan, the collection of games on this are great fun.

But it's just so old a this stage. Nintendo have done it to death. I really think if they wanted to get the more dedicated of us to pick it up, they could have released it with Killzone or Socom and not a patched version of Heavy rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Nope, the Wii only detects left/right, up/down. That's the biggest difference between Move and Wii, Move is able to detect the controller in 3D space.

Did you try the Wii Motionplus with Sports Resort? That's pretty much 1:1 motion in all directions. Swordplay is impressive and in a 3D space, frisbee golf too with the table tennis being a real highlight (same as Sports Champions!). But as is the case with the Move, there's no other games out yet that fully take advantage of this new accuracy. New Zelda uses it, but the lack of true motion games for the WiiMotion+ since release its release last year and the lack of decent announced titles for the Move leads me to believe there'll only be tacked on motion or basic aiming used for the PS3. :( The potential is there, but nobody seems bothered to do anything with it. Probably have to prove there's a market first.

weiland79 wrote: »
    But it's just so old a this stage. Nintendo have done it to death. I really think if they wanted to get the more dedicated of us to pick it up, they could have released it with Killzone or Socom and not a patched version of Heavy rain.

There's also Resident Evil 5.

A sports game is the easiest way to show off what the tech can do, and it's the easiest way to create a game where you have to be active, to get you into the whole motion controller thing. It would've been strange if they didn't have a Sports game at launch if you ask me.

Did you try the Wii Motionplus with Sports Resort? That's pretty much 1:1 motion in all directions. Swordplay is impressive and in a 3D space, frisbee golf too with the table tennis being a real highlight (same as Sports Champions!). But as is the case with the Move, there's no other games out yet that fully take advantage of this new accuracy

Tumble really takes advantage of the 3D space tracking. I haven't tried Wii Motion Plus myself, I was going by what I've heard on video game websites and podcasts. Most seem to say that it's a big improvement over the Wii and is more accurate and precise than even Wii motion plus. Whether or not the tech will be utilised properly I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm pretty impressed with it so far.

EDIT: Sorry for double post, meant to tack it on as edit to my original post!

Same here. He's got a point, though. I hope there's some good titles over the next couple of weeks/months.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    Same here. He's got a point, though. I hope there's some good titles over the next couple of weeks/months.
    But you had to have a launch title like this for the families..

.. no family are gonna buy this on launch to get together for a game of Killzone! *

* Unless they're the Manson family! ;)

I know, but it would have been nice to get a more mature game for launch too. I do want a filthy, messy hack and slash!

I want to pick what limbs I wanna chop off on things.

But you had to have a launch title like this for the families..

.. no family are gonna buy this on launch to get together for a game of Killzone! *

* Unless they're the Manson family! ;)

I actually don't see any families saying ' I think I'll pick up the PS3 with Move over the Wii.

Nintendo have this sown up i really don't see Move or Kinect being much of a system seller, not with the Wii being that much cheaper.
    It just seems all a bit rushed and half arsed.

Although I'll probably pick it up on pay day cause I'm a complete sucker and sword fighting sounds awesome:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Tumble really takes advantage of the 3D space tracking. I haven't tried Wii Motion Plus myself, I was going by what I've heard on video game websites and podcasts. Most seem to say that it's a big improvement over the Wii and is more accurate and precise than even Wii motion plus. Whether or not the tech will be utilised properly I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm pretty impressed with it so far.

Tumble does, but it's not much of a game as fun as it is. As in, there's not much to it, just basic implementation. Whilst it is better than motionplus in terms of accuracy, it's such a slight improvement that without any games really showcasing the difference what's the point? If Sports Champions blew away Wii Sports Resort that would be a big point for Move, but it doesn't. It just copies it.

Best thing I've done with the move so far is have to step to the side to hit the ball in Table Tennis, really felt like I was in the game then! There's other possibilities, maybe if they could have you physically duck for cover in Time Crisis? I've not tried Heavy Rain with it yet, that probably shows the detectable range of motions quite well.

You can psychically duck in that Gladiators game, that's pretty decent.

I love the curl you can put on the ball in Table Tennis.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I find the Wii to be brilliant at simulating Huntingtons disease... I know thats terrible but its true :)

Move is more precise but Dav and I tried it and some games were perfect (the silly games one) and some were spasticated (the shooting one). Apparently each developer implements Move differently, which isnt reassuring, so it depends on the game.

Personally, like everyone else, I played Wii for 6 months and then it gathered dust. I'll end up getting Move I'm sure, and Kinect, but I cant say I'm hugely enthused about either as yet.

Move works, it works well, I'm just not yet convinced that I want anything from it....

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Now that you lot have had a chance of trying this would you think Playstation Move is worth it for someone who was incredibly bored by the Wii.

Personally, I got bored by the Wii very very quickly but I took the plunge and got the Move. It really is fantastic. It captures movement a hell of a lot better than the Wii imo.

The selection of games at the moment aren't the greatest but there is huge potential for this and is well worth getting the starter kit.

If you're still a bit unsure, just trade in a few unwanted games for it. At least if you don't like it, you won't have spent the full whack for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

That_Guy wrote: »
    The selection of games at the moment aren't the greatest but there is huge potential for this and is well worth getting the starter kit.

For me to buy the move, the game would have to be a move exclusive and be on a par with Mario Galaxy 1 or 2.

It just doesn't appeal to me at all.

F1ngers wrote: »
    For me to buy the move, the game would have to be a move exclusive and be on a par with Mario Galaxy 1 or 2.

It just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Lol, you don't ask for much do you. So you're basically saying that you won't buy a Move unless arguably the greatest game of all time comes out for it and it's exclusive.

Guess you're not getting a Move then :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Lol, you don't ask for much do you. So you're basically saying that you won't buy a Move unless arguably the greatest game of all time comes out for it and it's exclusive.

Guess you're not getting a Move then :P

:D

Well, if The Last Guardian or the next MGS is move exclusive, I will buy it.

But yes, that pretty much sums up how I feel about the move.

Lol, I can understand that sentiment, I feel similar about the Kinect. Well not so much about the greatest game of all time, but a really good game has to come out for it and be exclusive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

Got the starter bundle today in Smyths. Demo disk is pretty ****, downloading a few demos now from the psn store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You wont find many games that are big budget and Move exclusive. Most will be for Dual shock with a Move option such as Socom, killzone, LBP2, infamous 2 etc etc.

I think the Heavy Rain patch is out now to support the Move.

Think I'll be picking up my Move next week. I can't wait any longer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Picked up the starter bundle and Sports Champions today. It is fun, even if I am crap at the table-tennis.

I want to pick up RE5 and Tumble now.

With HeavyRain, are they releasing a special move edition or is it just buy the old version and they will patch it in?

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    I think the Heavy Rain patch is out now to support the Move.

Yup it is, but it's over 1Gb in size. Think I'll just let it auto-download overnight :P

Yup it is, but it's over 1Gb in size. Think I'll just let it auto-download overnight :P

:eek: The fcuk? Some patch...

See how immersive it is though?

Jackobyte wrote: »
    See how immersive it is though?

Not yet...

Does it require nav/sixaxis or can it be played with just the Move controller?

Not yet...

I meant in the pre-released videos.

EDIT: Dunno about the Nav controller.

Not yet...

You need a nav or controller.

I played it in the Hub and it's really good. I was wrecked after one of the fight scenes :D

• Advertisement

Well I imagine it takes quite a bit of work to get a whole new control scheme into the game. They'd have to write a lot on the software side to incorporate move controls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Is there anywhere you can download the Heavy Rain patch from the internet and install it on the PS3 later? My work connection is much faster than my home connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

After trading in Resi5 and Prototype (got €9.95 for both) I bought Resi5:Gold edition for an additional €3. Not a bad price really.

I love the Resi games, especially number4. Have Resi4 (4 copies on different platforms) and Resi5 (played through the original game several times).

Played through it for a couple of hours yesterday. The game uses backwards compatible savegames, so I was able to pick up where I left off all those months ago with my original Resi5 savegames and inventory.

After messing around with the controls, I've gotta say that it is rather enjoyable playing it with the PS Move. Although it does has some weird issues. It plays very similarly to the Wii version of Resi 4 in almost every respect.
    You control with the Nav controller (or left side of the dualshock). The stick moves you forwards,backwards and turns you around.
    To aim you need to, rather unintuitively, pull the trigger:confused:. This draws your gun. To shoot you move the Move controller so that the targeting reticle is where you want it and then press the Move button. Works very similar to the Wii in the respect.
    The odd thing about the controls is that because the game doesn't track the position/orientation of the Move controller WHEN your not aiming, every time you pull the trigger the targeting reticule is place in the dead centre of the screen. You could be holding the Move controller upside down, then pull the trigger to draw your gun and all hell breaks lose. So, if you're not holding the Move controller at the centre of the screen when you start to aim the aiming becomes a little bit skewed. But, it's easily fixable by letting go of the trigger and then pulling it again.

So far a pleasant experience. Not tried using the left side of the Dualshock since my Nav controller arrived before I got the game. But from what I hear, it's not the awkward to use it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Still very unexcited about this. The thing about the Wii that won me over was the high quality software - stuff like Mario Galaxy, Zack and Wiki, Metroid - all of which use the Wiimote in different, imaginative ways (in the new Metroid making it a NES pad for most of the game!). Mini-game collections are fine for parties and all, but not what is going to get me buying a new controller. For the majority of the games I play standard controls are just fine, so they need a real game changer IMO to really make Move a must buy. After their exciting announcements at TGS, it looks like Microsoft - with Steel Batallion and new games from the likes of Suda 41 and the Panzer Dragoon creator - are the favourites for winning over the 'core' gamers with their new tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Still very unexcited about this. The thing about the Wii that won me over was the high quality software - stuff like Mario Galaxy, Zack and Wiki, Metroid - all of which use the Wiimote in different, imaginative ways (in the new Metroid making it a NES pad for most of the game!). Mini-game collections are fine for parties and all, but not what is going to get me buying a new controller. For the majority of the games I play standard controls are just fine, so they need a real game changer IMO to really make Move a must buy. After their exciting announcements at TGS, it looks like Microsoft - with Steel Batallion and new games from the likes of Suda 41 and the Panzer Dragoon creator - are the favourites for winning over the 'core' gamers with their new tech.

Mario Galaxy wasn't available for the Wii launch so using it as an example of Wii's triple AAA lineup at time of launch and comparing it with the moves seeming lack thereof is abit disingenuous, the Wii granted did have Zelda(a gamecube port) and metroid but the rest of the lineup was pretty lightweight, with that in mind and taking into account the move enabled Res5 and Heavy Rain there is not as much in it as you claim .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

The eyepet patch is over 2gb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

wish demon souls have move support be awesome :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Gave move a spin in the Hub today, not impressed really. Involved a lot of flailing around, the worst of the Wii in short.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

wish demon souls have move support be awesome :P

Much as God of War would be brilliant with Move support, I hope they don't get it as I traded them in for the move......:eek:

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    Much as God of War would be brilliant with Move support, I hope they don't get it as I traded them in for the move......:eek:

Just pictured myself with a move in each hand spinning around my sitting room playing God of War.

Somethings going to get broken :D

Advertisement