Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cymbalta, How long is too long to get results

Options
  • 12-03-2010 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I'm on cymbalta 63 days for generalilsed anxiety disorder started on 30mg for the first month then 60mg since. Not noticing any real change well maybe a very very minimal change very depressed and out of my brain with anxiety. Surely I can't still be waiting for this to take effect. I tried loads and loads of other meds these were the only ones that didn't give me extremely bad panic attacks so i'm not crazy about more experimintation or going back to square one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Leilak

hi Noelie

lve been on cymbalta 60mg for 3 years for anxiety and found that it worked for me after 2 weeks, l went from having panicky, intrusive thoughts to a comfortably numbness feeling. maybe they dont suit you, your gp will sort you out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

I agree with leilak. My bf has been taking Cmybalta for the last year, and notice a difference after 2-3 weeks. He is taking it for depression.
    It took him time, and a couple of other medication until he found the right one, so def go back to your GP to have another chat.
    Also, if you are interested, Acupuncture has worked very well for him too. He started with an appointment once a week for 6 weeks and lenghtened it to 2 times a month, and now once a month. It might be worth taking a look into.
    Best of luck.

Advertisement