Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Volume?

Options
  • 12-03-2010 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I am having trouble with the volume on my laptop.
    I am giving a course monday morning and bought a dvd which i wish t show to my class during this presentation. However, although my laptop is playing the dvd, I am unable to hear it. I tried the dvd on my dvd player at home and it worked perfectly. Do I need speakers for my laptop or what do you think may be the problem?
    I have tried adjusting the volume on the laptop as well as the Media Player but to no effect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Did you check the mute button in the volume control panel, some laptops also have a mechanical mute button. It could also be sound drivers corrupted which would involve reinstalling them from the original systems disk.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

laptops and desktops need aux speakers for audiences.with amplification.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

^^ +1, but, does it play any sound at all, e.g. MP3's ? If you have a big class, you'd prob need amp & speakers, if it was a small class that could sit round a couple of tables, you might get away with just the laptop. Could you not bring in the DVD player, assuming your establishment has a TV. (Just a few thoughts .......)

Advertisement