Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XGC Casuals - 13/3/10

Options
  • 12-03-2010 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭

Street Fighter 4 and Garou : Mark of the Wolves casual play to be held in XGC on Liffey Street.

I aim to be there for about two but I'm not guaranteed as I am going out tonight. Who else is coming in?

Secondly, I would like to propose that from now on we play best of three northern style at the casual events. This would mean that you play all three games and whoever wins two stays on. Hopefully this would mean that there would be a bit more rotation at the casuals and the games that are played would be a bit more "serious".
    Obviously this would be a guideline only but I think it could help make our meets more productive. Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Why the sudden interest in Garou lately?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ramza wrote: »

Drunken Garou fights in Cannes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ramza wrote: »

Because it's awesome, that's why!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I'm only a maybe as will probably be very hung over tomorrow.

I was actually thinking of something like 1st to 10 so you get a nice session in with someone and it has that more serious thing going on.

I really need to work on my 'offline' game as I find it hard to play the same, give it the same amount of concentration as I do when I'm playing at home online.

Years of being guilt tripped by my mates for whipping them in games or them refusing to play me in said games, has led me to not really play as ....aggressive when I've got the guy beside me. As I would against someone online. For example , if I'm getting a guy with a certain tactic over and over.

Online I'll keep punishing him till the KO or he finally counters.

Offline I find this hard to do against someone I'm in the middle of a friendly conversation with. Its a subconscious thing, I'd back off a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

My Garou days are done. I retired as undefeated Butt the Champion. If anyone shows some decent prowess then I MAY come out just to put them in their place :p

• Advertisement

Because it's awesome, that's why!

Yeah, Garou is awesome, but I never knew really anyone on boards likes it

Kiki is bringing it on laptop tomorrow so I'm gonna have to own everyone with Rock :pac:

Sisko wrote: »
    I'm only a maybe as will probably be very hung over tomorrow

Come you faggo t :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Tin.T

hey ! i finally manage to log on !
    i will be here for SF4,BB and i will try to bring my laptop if anyone is ok with 3.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Tin.T wrote: »

Nice one Tin!

I should be able to head along for a while tomorrow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I think i can call down to this for some sf4.

It'll be my first casual, any sort of etiquette or whatnot?

• Advertisement

Speed Boat wrote: »

Just shun the people firing sonic booms and tiger shots :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

i will be here for SF4,BB and i will try to bring my laptop if anyone is ok with 3.3.

Welcome to Boards.ie Tin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

im down for sf3, maybe we can play it back in my gaff at night time, cause i wont make it down till atleast 4 or so

Placebo wrote: »
    maybe we can play it back in my gaff at night time

Man, are u asking for slagging or what?!

Ignore a fella called Terry :pac:

Hi Tin, would love to get some 3s in. I know this time you ave drivers for the stick, unlike last time when we had to stop after 20 games :pac:

See you guys tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Going to be at Dragonslayers instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Going to be at Dragonslayers instead.

Damn right :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Sitting at home with FF13, nearly done. Can't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Hey Tin, good to see you finally worked this site out. :pac:

imo best 2/3 is better than first to 10s, the problem at the moment is that people are on the consoles too long just messing around, 2/3 winner stays on drives you to want to get to stay on the console. I mean feel free to have a ft5/ft10 console rented out but I'd suggest 2/3 as a better system.

So it's best 2/3 now for casuals? It's not really casual play then is it if it's being monitored and recorded like that

How will that work?

• Advertisement

It is still casuals, you only have to get off if someone's in the queue behind you waiting to hop on. It makes sure everyone gets to play the same amount, and also gives you a reason to actually play and try and improve. After talking to the lads about this in France (after we were playing the 2/3 system the whole time), most of the time in the XGC we just end up ****ing around and not paying attention, and it's meaning none of us are really improving our games as a result of the casuals.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    It is still casuals, you only have to get off if someone's in the queue behind you waiting to hop on. It makes sure everyone gets to play the same amount, and also gives you a reason to actually play and try and improve. After talking to the lads about this in France (after we were playing the 2/3 system the whole time), most of the time in the XGC we just end up ****ing around and not paying attention, and it's meaning none of us are really improving our games as a result of the casuals.

Ah yeah sounds alright, I spose it will make you want to win more, thus improve more

Dreddy's only in favour cause he never loses :pac:

Only messin. I'll prolly be on 3s more anyways

I wasn't getting to stay on the machines long in Cannes, I'll tell you that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

If peeps play Garou without me I'll ****in kill em
    !

Sounds cool all.

What's the story with sticks? Bring your own?

Yeah, I'd advise you to bring your own stick, last few times we haven't had enough. Copy of SF4 wouldn't go amiss either if you have one!

Grand so. I just have an ex2.

How is 3s played? I've got the anniversary collection here somewhere for xbox.

Grand so. I just have an ex2.

How is 3s played? I've got the anniversary collection here somewhere for xbox.

3s is played on PC via emulation, so some guys bring their laptops

Xbox version is really terrible and has slowdown in some parts, and timing is much different on it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

So how many do we have? If we have a decent number, I think i'll come along too. Regular time of around 2?

And can a mod please Merge the two threads? It's silly to have two.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    So how many do we have? If we have a decent number, I think i'll come along too. Regular time of around 2?

And can a mod please Merge the two threads? It's silly to have two.

Hey Kirby, would be cool to see you at XGC today, never met before plus would also like to get some Sim exp!

Eoin

Advertisement