Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XGC Casuals - 13/3/10

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Not sure if I'm too pushed on the idea of winner stays on, at least not on all machines. I think it would be a bit off-putting for new arrivals to the scene because with that system they will only ever get to play the best players (which might be good for learning but not for self esteem!). Also, the better players will get more game time for the same price. Probably not a great way of attracting new players to the scene.

However, i do feel that there has to be more rotation and some people stay on for too long. A compromise would be to have half the machines running winner stays on and the rest just playing 5-7 games and then they're off. That way people have a choice of trying out the winner stays on machines if they feel they've got a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I've got no problem with that, people who are renting consoles can set it up any way they want to. I wouldn't want to discourage any new players from sticking around, but personally I'm more concerned with the fact that nobody seems to be getting any better from these casual sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well, forget what I said this morning. Forgot the rugby was on at 2:30 today. Won't be able to make it. See you all next weekend.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    personally I'm more concerned with the fact that nobody seems to be getting any better from these casual sessions.

I'm feeling that too. Although for me thats due to lack of effort and dedication :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Tin.T wrote: »
    hey ! i finally manage to log on !
    i will be here for SF4,BB and i will try to bring my laptop if anyone is ok with 3.3.

Tin! Now that you've finally got on the forum, I demand you unregister and then re-register as 'The French Ninja' , or maybe 'Tinja' for short.. yeah...

Lol welcome to the forum man. :P
    Ramza wrote: »
    Come you faggo t :D

Woke up at 5pm, dying of a hangover. Yeah you read that right, 5pm.

If I wasnt drinking last night though I prob would have went to the dragon slayers thing

• Advertisement

Good games to everyone I played today! Nice to see some new faces in the form of speedboat and bourketheJerk. Hope you lads continue to come along :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Good that there were yet more new faces today.

I reckon for the rotation system, you play three matches and whoever has won the most gets to stay on for another three, then regardless if they've won or not, they switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

Yeah good games guys, this is stephen, the ryu player. It was really fun to get in a few quality offline matches and meet up with some street fighter players. I even learned a thing or two (EX greenhand>fireball :().

I would definitely be up for the same thing next week and i should have my stick sorted out by then (maybe my execution too).

Nice one man, I'm the gief player. Would be great to have you back again next week

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Good that there were yet more new faces today.

I reckon for the rotation system, you play three matches and whoever has won the most gets to stay on for another three, then regardless if they've won or not, they switch.
    Good idea.
    Sorry if I ended up hogging systems a few times too many, lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Good games to all!

I'm the other Stephen who plays Able.

Had great fun and I'd say i learned more at one casual than I have in the last week or so of playing online/training.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Nice one! More new blood :cool:

Nice one speed boat, look forward to seeing you at the next casuals!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Xinkai wrote: »
    Sitting at home with FF13, nearly done. Can't make it.

lol i'm 20hrs in now and you like only 7hrs. can't belive you didn't come down >.<

on the other note really need to get into sf4. thers so many people playing it. It was a good day^^

Yeah Joe I think you're gonna get good at it fairly fast too judging by how much you've been improving just messing around last few times I've seen you playing. Good stuff, hopefully you do get into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

As long as you can beat me consistently, you'll do fine.

No, wait...
    :(

Advertisement