Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value for buying computer peripherals?

Options
  • 12-03-2010 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hey folks
    Any recommendations for where I can purchase a wireless keyboard, ink cartridges and other office-ey shtuff locally? I'd prefer to support local business rather than buying online, but don't want to pay a premium (don't we all, I hear you say).

So any recommendations, greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Aoife

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I buy all my kit from Komplett.ie. I've built several P.C.'s over the years from komplett and you can just can beat it. The quality and specs you can put together, combined with the huge savings in price just can't be matched by the high street stores.
    Once you register online, you will have most orders between 5-7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

If you already have an ink-cartridge you can have it refilled in Sligo. There are 2 places in town. InkforIreland close to the train/bus station and Cartridgeworld in the center of town.

The refills are usually much cheaper than buying a new one for the same quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

compustore (or compupac) in finisklin, about a 5 to 10 minute walk down the finisklin road

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Is there anywhere in the Northwest who sells refurbished desktop computers?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

There is/was this place on The Mall street that used to sell used computers from students etc. Not sure if they still exist.

Even ordering over the internet I only know of dabs.ie that sells refurbished computer parts and sometimes you get great deals especially if the part has only the manual and some e5 cable missing but you save 20%.

I actually doubt you'll see many refurbished parts in stores but maybe reduced priced OEM components such as HDD's that don't have screws cables etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mcgal01

There are some good value irish online office supply companys that deliver next day. I found www.office1web.ie to be very cheap and deliver next day. Not so sure if the do Computers but definately sell Ink and Keyboards etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ieshop

No advertising please - if you wish to advertise please email hello@boards.ie
    fozzle

Advertisement