Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glover highland walk

Options
  • 12-03-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what happened the Glover Highland walk in Donegal? Or when it was last run. It's a pity it's off the calendar. I know people still do it themselves but there's no official event. Very challenging by all accounts. Might attempt it this summer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

The club who previously organised it are a relatively small club and didn't have the resources to keep it going. Plus the numbers were getting out of hand (several hundred people). 2007 was the last time I remember it as part of an organised walk.

It is a great walk, particularly Muckish ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

muckish wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happened the Glover Highland walk in Donegal? Or when it was last run. It's a pity it's off the calendar. I know people still do it themselves but there's no official event. Very challenging by all accounts. Might attempt it this summer.

There is no longer an official walk but a group of people meet each September.. http://www.walkersassociation.ie/challenge/walk/calendar. Supposed to be one of the most challenging walks - would love to do it myself at some stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

Thanks for the info. Must keep an eye out for that walk in September. That gives me plenty of time to get fit enough to attempt it in a way that it would be semi-enjoyable.

Advertisement