Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alfa GT Coupe - Mans car or Girls car?

• 12-03-2010 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

I'm trying to set up a poll here but I can't seem to work it out. Anyway, I'm a 28 yr old straight bloke, I need a diesel car and I was thinking about getting a Alfa GT coupe diesel. I think they look the dogs b*****s, however I'm also worried it looks a bit too sexy and it could be classed as "girly" or "gay".

So what do you all think?

A) Mans Car
    B) Girls Car
    C) Gay Car
    D) Neither

Alfa GT coupe - Mans car, girls car, gay car or neither 30 votes

Mans Car
    0% 0 votes
    Girly Car
    83% 25 votes
    Gay car
    10% 3 votes
    Neither
    6% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Are you really that insecure that you care about what other people think about your car and if its gay or not?U do know us Irish people are the most begrudging ****ers ever.

Get the car and just enjoy the frigging thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

A.

</end thread>

<edit>If I was Alfa shopping I'd also be giving some serious consideration to the Brera, That car does strange things to me.
    Alfa-Romeo-Brera-J5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Wheres the " beautiful car " option?

IMO its neither, drive on OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Without pictures this thread is worthless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Now I might be wrong here but from the OP all I got was that he finds dogs boll0cks to be a bit too sexy?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

Are you really that insecure that you care about what other people think about your car and if its gay or not?U do know us Irish people are the most begrudging ****ers ever.

Get the car and just enjoy the frigging thing.

I'm not insecure, but I do care what people think of my car. (If that makes sense)

Example... I think although Hyundai Coupes are good looking cars but I personnally think they are a bit girly..... some cars just fall into different brackets. I think the GT is sitting on the fence a little.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Only a girl would choose a car based on such criteria, therefore I vote that you should save yourself the hassle and just buy this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

It's an Alfa therefore it's for people who like to drive. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

golfman wrote: »
    I'm trying to set up a poll here but I can't seem to work it out. Anyway, I'm a 28 yr old straight bloke, I need a diesel car and I was thinking about getting a Alfa GT coupe diesel. I think they look the dogs b*****s, however I'm also worried it looks a bit too sexy and it could be classed as "girly" or "gay".

So what do you all think?

A) Mans Car
    B) Girls Car
    C) Gay Car
    D) Neither

The GT is a fantastic looking car. That's all that matters. I hate the way people are turned off certain cars because they think they are "girly".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Can be either but not every type of person could drive it. Like a young 3 Series coupe driver with spiked hair would look like he stole it if he drove one where as a mid 30's guy with a sports jacket and a cool pair of glasses looks perfect in one.

Same with the ladies. Again using the 3 series as a bench mark , the 3 series is always compensating for something so you can be fat as a fool driving one, it doesnt matter cause everybody knows your a fat bitch anyway. Where as in the Alfa unless you wear dark colours and a nice scarf with a pencil skirt to work then your the wrong type of person to be driving one. :p

• Advertisement

2007-alfa-romeo-autodelta-gt-37.jpg
    Without pictures this thread is worthless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

KerranJast wrote: »
    It's an Alfa therefore it's for people who like to drive. :D

Yes OP, people who like to DRIVE! Not sit around and post polls on boards waiting to see what others think of it :p

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Where as in the Alfa unless you wear dark colours and a nice scarf with a pencil skirt to work then your the wrong type of person to be driving one. :p

I assume this is the latest fashion for people who like to drive? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I'm also worried it looks a bit too sexy and it could be classed as "girly" or "gay".

You disgust me and you should not be allowed to own an Alfa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

This is not a ladies car its my car. Its lovely. Just get it in a mans colour. like Black or silver or grey...

2007-alfa-romeo-autodelta-gt-37.jpg
    After looking at that picture for the last 5 mins, I think it has to be got! Sexy as hell!

This is not a ladies car its my car. Its lovely. Just get it in a mans colour. like Black or silver or grey...

+1

Its a mans car which some women with taste also enjoy driving,Doesn't make it any less of a mans car though.
    After looking at that picture for the last 5 mins, I think it has to be got! Sexy as hell!
    I personally prefer the Brera, has that extra something that the GT nearly has but not quite.

Still the GT does cram a lot of sexy between its four wheels.

I think it has to be got! Sexy as hell!

Yea, not so much as a diesel... however, enjoy your new fashion accessory! :D

steve06 wrote: »
    Yea, not so much as a diesel... however, enjoy your new fashion accessory!Drivers Car :D

FYP.

hobochris......what model is that you linked earlier?? It's the GT but with the front of the 159? Looks bloody gorgeous! I was seriously considering getting one of these at xmas and had test drove 2 different 1.9's.
    Nice car to drive as well as look at but in the end I fell for another.

• Advertisement

Fizman wrote: »
    hobochris......what model is that you linked earlier?? It's the GT but with the front of the 159? Looks bloody gorgeous! I was seriously considering getting one of these at xmas and had test drove 2 different 1.9's.
    Nice car to drive as well as look at but in the end I fell for another.

Neither GT or 159.

Its called the Brera.

I would however go for the diesel,a friend borrowed the petrol Brera for a weekend, put about €400 in the tank and didn't get that much millage in return.

hobochris wrote: »
    FYP.

I think you're confusing the 1.9 diesel with the 3.2 V6 there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Mmmm, Alfa...
    I wish I was even considering buying one of these. Go for it OP, you won't regret it!

I think you're confusing the 1.9 diesel with the 3.2 V6 there!

nope still a great car in the 1.9.. 3.2 is beast on fuel though.
    CianRyan wrote: »
    Mmmm, Alfa...
    I wish I was even considering buying one of these. Go for it OP, you won't regret it!
    +1 Borrowed plenty of em, never owned one though(yet).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

I'm not insecure, but I do care what people think of my car. (If that makes sense)

Doesn't make sense to be honest.
    +1

Its a mans car which some women with taste also enjoy driving,Doesn't make it any less of a mans car though.

I personally prefer the Brera, has that extra something that the GT nearly has but not quite.

Still the GT does cram a lot of sexy between its four wheels.

Brera is an incredible looking car, and the GT is too. Price difference can count for a lot though, I think most peopl would prob prefer a Brera but the GT is a more affordable yet still stunning looking car. I would kill for a Brera!

nope still a great car in the 1.9.. 3.2 is beast on fuel though.

If you're gonna do it, do it right!

Neither GT or 159.

Its called the Brera.

I would however go for the diesel,a friend borrowed the petrol Brera for a weekend, put about €400 in the tank and didn't get that much millage in return.

Of course. Just didn't recognise it from that angle for some reason! Ya the 2.4 JTD is supposed be a cracking engine alright.

put about €400 in the tank and didn't get that much millage in return.

Where did he drive that he put in €400 in a weekend?

Where did he drive that he put in €400 in a weekend?

I'm not sure, furthest trip he would have done would be dublin-> kells return, but he didn't mention the millage, just the cost. He would have been mostly around dublin though.

I know its a pig on juice, but can only speculate on the degree of thirst the car has.

I think its also fair to say like most of us, given the keys to a Brera, his right foot was probably a bit heavier then it normally would be.

• Advertisement

I went Dublin - Dunmore East - Dublin in my 3.0 GTV and it cost me less than €70. And that was with a heavy foot and rarely going above 4th gear!

I went Dublin - Dunmore East - Dublin in my 3.0 GTV and it cost me less than €70. And that was with a heavy foot and rarely going above 4th gear!

In that case Id say, There was either a serious problem with the car my friend had or he did more millage then he let on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I think the GT and Brera both look great, fantastic, art-like.
    But their engines let them down woefully. To a performance car driver, V6 is ok, the rest arent. Even the V6.. nearly 7 seconds to 60 and a reputation for poor, heavy handling. A full 7seconds for the FWD (:rolleyes:) V6 version.
    For that reason alone I wouldnt really class them as drivers cars.

One day soon, RWD and Forced Induction coming to Alfa and all of a sudden we will be looking back at this gen in an entirely different way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Matt Simis wrote: »
    IOne day soon, RWD and Forced Induction coming to Alfa and all of a sudden we will be looking back at this gen in an entirely different way.

We'll look back at this gen and say....at least the engines stayed together longer than they do now with forced induction :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Annuv

Matt Simis wrote: »
    I think the GT and Brera both look great, fantastic, art-like.
    But their engines let them down woefully. To a performance car driver, V6 is ok, the rest arent. Even the V6.. nearly 7 seconds to 60 and a reputation for poor, heavy handling. A full 7seconds for the FWD (:rolleyes:) V6 version.
    For that reason alone I wouldnt really class them as drivers cars.

One day soon, RWD and Forced Induction coming to Alfa and all of a sudden we will be looking back at this gen in an entirely different way.

I haven't driven it, but lookswise I think the Brera is a huge let down when you look at the concept car. I know this can be said for a lot of cars, but the production car usually has a less flash interior, smaller alloys etc, but the production brera looks like a squashed version of the concept.

Alfa%20Romeo%20Brera%20Concept%20rear-lg.jpg

Advertisement