Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G2Play

Options
  • 12-03-2010 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else here use www.G2play.net?

I find I'm using them more and more to get the latest games at a fraction of the Irish/European retail price. It's all perfectly legitimate aswell (from what I read), they simply buy the games at far cheaper Asian prices and re-sell the CD keys.

Just bought myself Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for 23 quid. Can't beat that. :D

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Elessar wrote: »
    Does anyone else here use www.G2play.net?

I find I'm using them more and more to get the latest games at a fraction of the Irish/European retail price. It's all perfectly legitimate aswell (from what I read), they simply buy the games at far cheaper Asian prices and re-sell the CD keys.

Just bought myself Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for 23 quid. Can't beat that. :D

yeah i've purchased a few games off them, mostly steam and EA stuff. had one problem previously but they sorted it out for me in a matter of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Bought a few games there,

Bunch of cowboys tbh.

As posted before, here is how I recieved my serial for Dawn of War2,

Email w/attachment

53%20seantheman@gmail.com.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got a few there myself i have no problems with them morally or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Bought a few games there,

Bunch of cowboys tbh.

As posted before, here is how I recieved my serial for Dawn of War2,

Email w/attachment

53%20seantheman@gmail.com.jpg
    But they also gave you the typed out key so you could copy and paste it, no? Even if they didn't, you can read that perfectly fine.

I've ordered from them multipile times, and every time a thread like this is made, I always say the same thing - they are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Just used them to buy the Dawn of War II Chaos rising expansion. Used my reward points I had with them, total came out at 14 euro. Key delivered instantly and used with Steam, can't complain.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Valve brand them as unauthorized retailers and advise people not to buy off them as the CD Keys may be blocked down the line. A large batch of them were disabled on Steam late last year but G2Play seemed to hand out new ones after the pressure piled on from customers.

All the same though, most people dont have any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

When cancelling their keys, the Bloodbowl guys said the keys are actually bought in bulk for use in internet cafes and thats why they're cheaper, but they're also breaking the terms of the licence by selling them on.

Advertisement