Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Irish people so ugly?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I'm pale, never tan, and have millions of freckles, does that mean I'm ugly? :(

Nope means you are exotic and cute ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Delicate_Dlite

I think as well the "typical" irish bone structure has alot to answer for. The "typical" irish face is rather flat, bone structure wise, so no attractive high cheek bones.

We didn't get plundered enough. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

caseyann wrote: »
    Nope means you are exotic and cute ;)

Only to people not from Ireland...?

I think as well the "typical" irish bone structure has alot to answer for. The "typical" irish face is rather flat, bone structure wise, so no attractive high cheek bones.

http://www.destinationhollywood.com/movies/quietman/images/quietman_03.jpg
    Nothing wrong with Irish facial features

http://www.famoustalks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Saorise-Ronan.jpg

Only to people not from Ireland...?

Yep because alot of Irish will always moan about everything of their own,But outside its exotic.I guess because they are stuck on the island for so long.When they leave they start wishing they were back home and appreciate Irish a hell of alot more.:D
    P.S i am Irish and i find freckles and pale skin beautiful :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

I'm Irish and I have cheek bones, along with pale skin freckles and green eyes... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

Flojo wrote: »
    I'm Irish and I have cheek bones, along with pale skin freckles and green eyes... :p

Howya love ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Delicate_Dlite

caseyann wrote: »

Those are exceptions rather than the rule regarding bone structure. I don't think Irish ppl are all ugly, simply that as northern europeans we 'tend' to have a flatter profile. And when facial beauty is condsidered it is usually judged on symmetry and bons structure. (< as those are objective parameters)
    I'm Irish and I have cheek bones, along with pale skin freckles and green eyes... tongue.gif

I'm sure you do, and I'm sure you are very attractive. I personally think skin colour/shade doesn't effect levels of attractiveness (excluding personal prefrence). If anything the condition of skin, i.e clarity/smoothness,as these would be indicators of health, and therefore beauty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

i have cheek bones, i tan, because luckily i have good looking parents. Most irish are pig ugly though, me being one of the few exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

brummytom wrote: »
    We've got Cheryl Cole

funny eye, unattractive voice

• Advertisement

Mr Cawley wrote: »
    funny eye, unattractive voice

I've got a 'funny eye' too! :eek:

I've no chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CrazySnakeLady

Because every other nationality are so jealous of how attractive we really are that they slut ever other forum with the question "Why are Irish people so ugly?" just in an effort to make it automatically appear on a google search, ain't jealouslyfunny? you all know we are perfect sure if we weren't you wouldn't have 90% of Americans wishing they were Irish or 80% of the free world emigrating here, hell I can't think of a cooler place to live than on a beach in Australia but I'll never go there because it must suck because most Australians seem to prefer working in a grotty bar in Dublin serving all our ugly asses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

Because every other nationality are so jealous of how attractive we really are that they slut ever other forum with the question "Why are Irish people so ugly?" just in an effort to make it automatically appear on a google search, ain't jealouslyfunny? you all know we are perfect sure if we weren't you wouldn't have 90% of Americans wishing they were Irish or 80% of the free world emigrating here, hell I can't think of a cooler place to live than on a beach in Australia but I'll never go there because it must suck because most Australians seem to prefer working in a grotty bar in Dublin serving all our ugly asses

SnakeLady, you so crazy!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Good looking Irish chicks are seriously hot, mingers are just, well..... mingers. We don't seem to have an in-between. I think the biggest problem is a small gene pool. I.e. Irish lads copulating with foreign ladies is relatively new. We're only gonna get better looking from here on in!

Those are exceptions rather than the rule regarding bone structure. I don't think Irish ppl are all ugly, simply that as northern europeans we 'tend' to have a flatter profile. And when facial beauty is condsidered it is usually judged on symmetry and bons structure. (< as those are objective parameters)

Seriously time to look around a bit more and not compare to other countries,Irish women are thought of as beautiful all over world and so are Irish men.Look around the eyes on irish women are wow and their smiles are truly wow the beauty in that alone when you see a happy woman in ireland makes everyone look.
    You know what they say people will see you how you see your self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

When I type "why" into Google, I get "why is a raven like a writing table?" coming up. WTF?
    Second is, "why are Michael Jackson's kids white?" with "why is the sky blue" coming in third.
    Nothing about ugly Irish people, anyway. BTW, so wrong. I'm not Irish and beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. There are some real rides around. :o

I just did this there to see did I get the same thing... The first one was 'Why are Irish people so ugly?'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

I just did this there to see did I get the same thing... The first one was 'Why are Irish people so ugly?'

You are using google.ie

whilst
    When I type "why" into Google, I get "why is a raven like a writing table?" coming up. WTF?
    Second is, "why are Michael Jackson's kids white?" with "why is the sky blue" coming in third.
    Nothing about ugly Irish people, anyway. o

is probably using google.co.uk.

Just try it with the different google settings.

Preusse wrote: »

Just try it with the different google settings.

Don't tell me what to do! WAAAAAAA!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Don't tell me what to do! WAAAAAAA!

Shush....you pale, freckly, funny-eyed little....thingy?!

• Advertisement

google Irish women are ;)

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?_r=1&res=9C01E4D7103AE334BC4953DFB066838F649FDE

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

I just went to the north of Spain and realised that we're all mingin' fatties

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

dRNk SAnTA wrote: »

Yep. Im not long back from Italy and I reached pretty much the same conclusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The two suggestions I get are "why are the Khardashians famous?" and "Why can't I own a Canadian?"

dRNk SAnTA wrote: »

I was always told as a kid to eat all my greens because there's starving kids in Africa that would wish to be "Mingin' fatties", if we are taught as kids to love and appreciate food as a privilage (and you know you all got that guilt trip when you wouldn't eat your sprouts) then is being "Fatties" not a product of that guilt? do we not eat because we were always told we must eat or a kid in Africa will die? there's a difference between eating out of enjoyment and eating out of guilt and I'm willing to bet at least 80% of the posters here were guilted into eating as kids. We aren't fat, we aren't ugly we are a product of guilt caused to our parents by this "It's your fault people in Africa are dying of hunger if you don't eat that potato" mentality, food should be a joy to eat not a punishment,you have a sense of taste for a reason, make the most of it because you'll be a long time dead and it's not a general practice to put food in a coffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Did you see the football tonight?? and all the close ups of the Dutch fans, my god what a good looking race......tanned, tall, blonde, sexy, sophisticated.

If that was the irish tonight you'd have seen pot bellied, pasty faced, badly dressed micks........glad we didn't qualify

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

fryup wrote: »
    Did you see the football tonight?? and all the close ups of the Dutch fans, my god what a good looking race......tanned, tall, blonde, sexy, sophisticated.

If that was the irish tonight you'd have seen pot bellied, pasty faced, badly dressed micks........glad we didn't qualify

;)
    I'm Irish and pale and happy with how I look - however, self-loathing is exceptionally unattractive.

Vanilla ice-cream yum, chocolate yum, fish and chips with loads of salt and vinegar yum, chrispy rashers yum, sasuages yum, dippy eggs yum, kababs yum, beef chow mein yum, tacos yum

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm Irish and pale and happy with how I look - however, self-loathing is exceptionally unattractive.

Especially reading what he said and then considering his username.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

You can't paint all Irish girls with the same brush just because of a few egotistical delusional idiots. When you find a good Irish girl they are the best craic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement