Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Irish people so ugly?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

If that was the irish tonight you'd have seen pot bellied, pasty faced, badly dressed micks........glad we didn't qualify

to be fair we would probably dress the same as the dutch did, except in green.

And yes, the why are the irish so ugly is for google.ie only. I can get why are the indians so ugly if I type in "why are the i" here ( uk), I need to type "why are the ir" to gert the Irish question, and ""why are the e" gets why are the `english so ugly

so kam down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Ah the Irish aren't a bad looking race. Sure, I reckon I've bumped the average up anyway.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

my comment earlier was tongue in cheek btw

to be fair the irish have improved in the looks stakes over the years esp since the onset of the celtic tiger > spending more money on cosmetics, spending more time in the gym instead of the pub, better looking races moving to ireland with the irish breeding with them resulting in better looking micks etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CrazySnakeLady

Ugly is a matter of opinion, I noticed that the OP blanketed a whole country with one value but never showed what he looked like as an example of what he views as "Attractive" (I'm assuming he thinks he's attractive) and as such his opinion is irrelvant because if he's not willing to prove he's attractive then the only assumption is he isn't and posts anonomously insulting others to boost his already fractured ego

fryup wrote: »
    my comment earlier was tongue in cheek btw

to be fair the irish have improved in the looks stakes over the years esp since the onset of the celtic tiger > spending more money on cosmetics, spending more time in the gym instead of the pub, better looking races moving to ireland with the irish breeding with them resulting in better looking micks etc etc

"Breeding with them"? is that what you are a product of? two people breeding?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Most irish are pig ugly though, me being one of the few exceptions.
    Either you're being tongue in cheek or not, but at least honest - that sentence sums up the thread though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

i have cheek bones, i tan, because luckily i have good looking parents. Most irish are pig ugly though, me being one of the few exceptions.

Better pig ugly than pig ignorant.:p

i have cheek bones, i tan, because luckily i have good looking parents. Most irish are pig ugly though, me being one of the few exceptions.

Pics with you holding up "BraziliaNZ" on a peice of paper or you're just as ugly as the rest of us, the only difference being we aren't so egotistical that our heads aren't shoved firmly up our arses smelling our own sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

brummytom wrote: »
    As an outsider; Irish people aren't ugly.. it's just some weird inferiority complex you've got going on

That was smooth Tommy, look at all the gullible ugly swine that thanked you. Make your move quick as a fox and you might get the ride at last :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Dudess wrote: »
    Either you're being tongue in cheek or not, but at least honest - that sentence sums up the thread though.

Agreed. Can this thread not be closed? It pisses me off everytime I open After Hours and see this thread title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

Kanye wrote: »
    107449.JPG

(^^^If you type "why" into google.ie. For some reason, typing "why" then space this question moves up one.)
    DKZ wrote: »
    Try also typing in "I'm terrified of" into google. :D

Haha, that has made me laugh so much tonight!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

"Breeding with them"? is that what you are a product of? two people breeding?
    Well deep down on a few levels, yes.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭xxchloexx

Im half Scottish and half Irish , this just makes me double ugly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭ColaBeDamned

Nah, Scots are cool, love the accent too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

How long can women stick your tanned cheekbones though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

brummytom wrote: »
    Are you coming on to me?

oh you two, always with the flirting. get a roooooom and go have more basta*d ugly kids.

Fly my precious!!! oooooh continue the experiments!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

You can't paint all Irish girls with the same brush just because of a few egotistical delusional idiots. When you find a good Irish girl they are the best craic.
    They seem to paint themselves with the samebrush - the fake tan brush.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Well deep down on a few levels, yes.

Fair enough on a basic biological sense I suppose you could call it breeding but then thats only basic, if all it is is breeding then his existance is the product of nothing more that two people fulfilling a genetic urge to pass on genes, it makes his existance nothing. By your logic If all his parents did was "Breed" then they didn't want or plan him, they just succumed to primal urges and he's the by product of their animal instincts no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Kanye wrote: »
    Why are Irish people so ugly?

Ask your Ma!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Fair enough on a basic biological sense I suppose you could call it breeding but then thats only basic, if all it is is breeding then his existance is the product of nothing more that two people fulfilling a genetic urge to pass on genes, it makes his existance nothing. By your logic If all his parents did was "Breed" then they didn't want or plan him, they just succumed to primal urges and he's the by product of their animal instincts no?
    Pretty much. I mean we can rise above that and see more than that, which is what is wonderful about humanity, but basically we're born, grow, driven to make little copies of ourselves(and make choices of partners almost entirely based on that), improve the environment for them, rear them to independence and then peg it. That's all biology cares about. Its the noise we make doing all of that which makes us brilliant. And TBH I dont see what's the problem with being by products of our animal instincts. Most of what you see around you, if not all is somewhere based on it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Anyone who says Irish people are ugly must not have left the country often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

profitius wrote: »
    Anyone who says Irish people are ugly must not have left the country often.

Ever would be a word and then wear rose tinted ones when they are away in another country:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

xxchloexx wrote: »
    Im half Scottish and half Irish , this just makes me double ugly :D

and double alcoholic and double the chance of developing heart disease:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

and double alcoholic and double the chance of developing heart disease:p

but double awesome too!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Continental

Nulty wrote: »
    Enough with the in-breeding argument!

It's obviously a defence mechanism provided to us to fend off predators. Mother nature obviously never counted on the ruthlessness of the British imperialism though, which rendered our main weapon useless.

Oh, my God, you sound like my Irish husband...

But my Mom says I'm beautiful......

Are you calling my Mom a liar?!

Oh my God, you Irish are funny after all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

pml at this thread. I think Irish people are pale and interesting, and very imaginative...and they should embrace it wholeheartedly, along with the freckles and grey blue eyes..

Perfect combination! All we need to do is be proud to sport those legs in shorts, both male and female legs..and bin the tango look..

Walk tall, walk proud, be pale and mildly blue, most of all 'smile' and be confident...

eff the begrudgers...:D

its to do with centurys of eating nothing but potatoes, eventually we began to get heads like spuds

That's we I call Irish sense of humour!!!!

changes wrote: »
    10,000 years of cold hard wind, constant rain and eating nothing but spuds isn't the ideal conditions for beauty!!

I could not agree more!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

Neither is being 'Continental' Sun baked and wrinkled at the age of 25 :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement