Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Irish people so ugly?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Continental

Stacey.x wrote: »
    irish people are the most fit/hot people i know. :)

In your dreams...

fontanalis wrote: »
    I think Norway would also have some influence on Ireland with the Vikings and all that. The vast majority of Irish ancestry is Iberian. I think with Norway some of the original (post ice age) settlers may have been Iberian, possibly some from what is now Ukraine and I think some from East of Norway, are there Saami in Norway?

What the heck are you talking about???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

What the heck are you talking about???

That's the 'interesting' part of the "Pale and 'interesting'"....

Yeah?

lol...:pac:

bonerm wrote: »
    The GAA is to blame. They encourage division at county and even at parochial level. As a result you get latent hostility towards your neighbours which leads to a lack of crosstown sexytime and lack of dissemination of that genetic code.

GAA advocates might as well be living in caravans and obsessing on their dahgs.

God, GAA are just fascists...

Some people really believe everything they read, If your Irish and you believe in this you must be at that cross roads of plain 2 ugly.. Ugly Betty!

You mean 'If you are/ If you're Irish ... what is with you Irish and the grammar???

• Advertisement

Oh no! The grammar police have landed! Shuss...they think this makes them 'interesting'..

They spot freckles and pale skin a mile away....take cover..quick! The spelling police will arrive shortly..

Hilarious thread! and I did the 'google' and it's all true...wtf is that all about..??

Gwan the Irish, be proud, be blue, be 'interesting'...and be able to laugh and most of all - be proud that a lovely thing about the Irish is we laugh at ourselves mostly..

Who said anything about "chicks"?

Just to be clear - I like girls, but i deliberatley kept this gender neutral because I think it applies to both genders. I find on average good looking irish women have major attitudes about themselves - but i believe the same is probalby true of good looking irish guys too.

But riddle me this Dr Freud - if this is all about me having an inferiority complex, why do I NOT find the same trait in good looking foreign women ?

Yes, you are bloody right, and that's the reason why Irish men marry foreign women. And there are more Irish men than marry foreign women than the other way around... I wonder why

Frankly everything about your posts here says you are one of these good looking but obnoxiuos types, so i wouldn't expect you to a) diss your own or b) be aware of your/their obnoxiousness

No not at all. I find that foreign workers here are generally very nice to me. Usually if I get attitude its the Irish staff that are giving it

Totally agree. Are you Irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭t4k30

Alcohol, poor diet, lack of sun, poor exercise regime, the GAA.

"Why does everyone want to be Irish"...

Well? :P

We are a race of extremely sexy feckers.

Wrong. We don't want to be sexy feckers Irish. We are above that!!!

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    they're the ones with the pasty white skin and bad dress sense

I agree. I can spot then in a mile. No problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

When I typed in "why are" one of the options was "why are black people stupid?" :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The Irish I think are fine looking people - whats wrong is that we seem to be getting fatter (muffin tops) and oranger (fake tan).

WildBoots wrote: »
    Inbreeding, we are one of the most inbred populations on the planet.

And the Vikings took all the good looking women back in the day which didn't help matters.

Yep. Living in a village in Ireland. They're all cousins. Inbreeding population, no doubt about it.

JohnWhale wrote: »
    Spanish people are ugly to spanish people! Italians are ugly to theirs, and we all love them!

I actually think we have quite a contrast of peoples, something for everybody! Plenty that every one won't be interested in but plenty that they will! These ugly people you speak of are probably very attractive to someone else!

You are wrong!!! We think you are uglier

Hey my cousin thinks I'm sexy.

Yes, that explains why there are so many single mothers in Ireland...

clarke1991 wrote: »
    if i type in why is says 'why does everyone want to be irish':D

Why you think the rest of the world want to be f???ing Irish?

Gardalover wrote: »
    The Irish are the strongest people of the world
    the most sovereign people and the most handsome charming adorable paddy's in the whole entire world!!!!

Oh, please, there is nothing sovereign about you, or handsome or charming...

ocokev wrote: »
    Look at our great beauty pagent The Rose of Tralee.
    50% miss rate with the looks.
    And then theres the host, Ryan Turbidy.

And who gives a damn about The Rose of Tralee in the rest of the world. Bloody corny and stupid nonsense. They are not even talented or pretty.

I think half the problem with Irish people is the dress sense. If you go onto the continent people don't go around in tracksuit pants unless they are doing athletics. Likewise women who are overweight tend to not wear bellytops and half of the male population aren't wearing football jerseys.

Oh, my God. They have no dress sense whatsoever..

LMAO! I think you should be some kind of a maskot of AH....

ohh to be 'continental'...

..not!

...I can just imagine the 'wine' (ahem) belly and hairy legs and sexy carpet chest, greasy hair, wrinkled sun burned face, and balding hairline doing the posting and feeling rather inadequate compared to our eye dazzling blue skin, and steely blue eyes... :P

• Advertisement

kuntboy wrote: »
    Irish women are ugly as sin but they still walk around with their noses in the air thinking they are it. They generally have square hips with rolls of flesh protruding over their belt.

Are you Irish? I could not agree more

Was in northern Europe last week. Meet some irish guys who complained the women were good looking there but boring and no sense of humour. The guys I met were very good looking but did lack that spark of wit and craic you get with irish guys. Irish make up in personality and attitude, which is so much more sexy then good dress sense. BTW they were all over us irish over there ;)

Quote - more sexy than good dress sense - Unquote.

So you do not have the dress sense and do not know grammar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

SugarHigh wrote: »
    We are probably more inbred then mainland europe and our ancestors were a bit slower then everyone else when it came to getting civilised.

absolute ****...........

lmaopml wrote: »
    LMAO! I think you should be some kind of a maskot of AH....

ohh to be 'continental'...

..not!

...I can just imagine the 'wine' (ahem) belly and hairy legs and sexy carpet chest, greasy hair, wrinkled sun burned face, and balding hairline doing the posting and feeling rather inadequate compared to our eye dazzling blue skin, and steely blue eyes... :P

Have green eyes, not wine belly, maybe some hairy legs like you, definitely not carpet chest (do not know about the sexy part), greasy hair because living in Ireland with your awful humid weather, not wrinkled sun burned face (and not going to sunbeds either like some silly girls in Ireland), so there...

lmaopml wrote: »
    Neither is being 'Continental' Sun baked and wrinkled at the age of 25 :P

Have seen that in Ireland. Don't you abuse of the bit of sun you get 3 days a year???

lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Yes, that explains why there are so many single mothers in Ireland...
    Why you think the rest of the world want to be f???ing Irish?
    Oh, please, there is nothing sovereign about you, or handsome or charming...
    And who gives a damn about The Rose of Tralee in the rest of the world. Bloody corny and stupid nonsense. They are not even talented or pretty.
    Oh, my God. They have no dress sense whatsoever..
    Are you Irish? I could not agree more
    Quote - more sexy than good dress sense - Unquote.

So you do not have the dress sense and do not know grammar...
    Have green eyes, not wine belly, maybe some hairy legs like you, definitely not carpet chest (do not know about the sexy part), greasy hair because living in Ireland with your awful humid weather, not wrinkled sun burned face (and not going to sunbeds either like some silly girls in Ireland), so there...
    Have seen that in Ireland. Don't you abuse of the bit of sun you get 3 days a year???

if you click on the inverted commas at the bottom right hand corner of the post, you can multiquote! ;)

but seriously, for the why are there so many single mothers in ireland, i don't think they're so high per pop as in the uk, but i think you'll find there's a few lads that have had to chew their arms off in the morning after seeing what they pulled!!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Miss Dymph

Ok, wow this thread has me pretty bothered for so many many reasons. I am a 23 year old, educated, Irish woman and having been born and bred here in Ireland, i can see my country and still love it for its many social failures and indeed its many achievements. The content of this thread has become ridiculous in my opinion!
    You cannot say that in general, Irish people are ugly and that you blame diet, climate, lack of dress sense etc. You are generalising an entire nation by the handful of people you may have seen or indeed even how they are portrayed on television! Indeed, there are many areas in every city or town in Ireland where there will be the people of which you speak, wearing ill fitting tracksuits and drinking to excess but bring me to any country in the world and i will show you the very same thing, just in a different culture! For the most part, from the eyes of someone who has lived here al her life, Irish people like to take care of themselves! They are educated and like to work in order to save to buy nice things and get their hair done and wear nice clothing.
    I am aware that this thread merely started as a query as to why that question pops up on google prediction but many here have used this thread as an excuse to launch insults at Ireland. If you do not live here then you have clearly not visited here often enough to truly experience the beauty and welcome we extend to visitors to our beautiful country and if you do live here and are not a native, then clearly you're abusing our warm welcome by insulting our country, its culture and its natives. We have our customs, our culture and our natives, and as an Irish citizen, i couldn't be prouder of any of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Miss Dymph wrote: »
    Ok, wow this thread has me pretty bothered for so many many reasons. I am a 23 year old, educated, Irish woman and having been born and bred here in Ireland, i can see my country and still love it for its many social failures and indeed its many achievements. The content of this thread has become ridiculous in my opinion!
    You cannot say that in general, Irish people are ugly and that you blame diet, climate, lack of dress sense etc. You are generalising an entire nation by the handful of people you may have seen or indeed even how they are portrayed on television! Indeed, there are many areas in every city or town in Ireland where there will be the people of which you speak, wearing ill fitting tracksuits and drinking to excess but bring me to any country in the world and i will show you the very same thing, just in a different culture! For the most part, from the eyes of someone who has lived here al her life, Irish people like to take care of themselves! They are educated and like to work in order to save to buy nice things and get their hair done and wear nice clothing.
    I am aware that this thread merely started as a query as to why that question pops up on google prediction but many here have used this thread as an excuse to launch insults at Ireland. If you do not live here then you have clearly not visited here often enough to truly experience the beauty and welcome we extend to visitors to our beautiful country and if you do live here and are not a native, then clearly you're abusing our warm welcome by insulting our country, its culture and its natives. We have our customs, our culture and our natives, and as an Irish citizen, i couldn't be prouder of any of it!

Thanks bord failte.

With the exception of a recent poster I think that almost everyone who has posted in this thread is irish and has grown up in Ireland. The way I see it this thread isn't about knocking ireland or irish people. No, for me it's more like an episode of father Ted. It's god this oddly familiar absurdity about it. Almost like we're dead proud of something that others just wouldn't understand.

For such a small nation we've had such a big impact on the world. Our literature and sense of fun is world renouned. Unfortunately by and large we're puck ugly.

But don't worry bord failte because beauty is only skin deep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Miss Dymph

Thanks bord failte.

With the exception of a recent poster I think that almost everyone who has posted in this thread is irish and has grown up in Ireland. The way I see it this thread isn't about knocking ireland or irish people. No, for me it's more like an episode of father Ted. It's god this oddly familiar absurdity about it. Almost like we're dead proud of something that others just wouldn't understand.

For such a small nation we've had such a big impact on the world. Our literature and sense of fun is world renouned. Unfortunately by and large we're puck ugly.

But don't worry bord failte because beauty is only skin deep.

I'm sure you're aware that Bord Failte has been Failte Ireland for many years now. No different to anyone else here, you are entitled to your opinion, as am I. I am exceedingly proud of our nation, for its achievements in literature as you mentioned and also proud of our world renowned history. I don't think its fair to say that the Irish are 'puck ugly', I'm not going to mention all that crap that people usually mention about red hair and green eyes etc because the vast majority of Irish definitely don't have those physical attributes but as a nation I think we have our fair share of attractive people. Granted, tanned skin etc is not common genetically here in Ireland but since when did tanned skin become the only attractive feature about a person for instance I myself burn just thinking about the sun but my sister is much darker! All of my friends, both male and female are attractive in different ways. In every city in the world, there are going to be an enormous variety of people in the looks department and Ireland is no different. This Father Ted approach you speak of, i dont agree with. This thread is not jesting playfully at Ireland in that sense, it is openly mocking this country and while I am not blind to its faults, i am still proud of it as a whole. We have huge extremes from Connemara in the West to concrete jungle Dublin and yet in the heart of the concrete jungle sare beautiful parks and public areas and within all of these areas are people who look entirely different from one another. I am not going to run my country to the ground by saying its natives are ugly because quite simply; they're not. You cannot generalise an entire nation simply because you don't like the look of certain, particular people. To us, something exotic and different to ourselves is beautiful, to those who have exotic all the time, every single day, we are beautiful. Not getting all overly pro-Ireland here but be a bit more forgiving and open minded, its your country, show a little pride.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement