Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Irish people so ugly?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 madmaxpower

There is actually some scientific study on this.

In a scientific study it was discovered that the Scandinavian countries had a statistically abnormal amount of attractive women and strong men.

This has been accredited to the Vikings who would apon arrival to a foreign country would take all the attractive women and the strong men back home with them, so technically there is some scientific basis to suggest that our gene pool is diluted towards the ugly and the weak.

Don't ask me for proof there is some study somewhere. Have forgotten where i heard it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Nulty wrote: »
    Enough with the in-breeding argument!

It's obviously a defence mechanism provided to us to fend off predators. Mother nature obviously never counted on the ruthlessness of the British imperialism though, which rendered our main weapon useless.
    Stoneage irishman had the A-bomb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

There is actually some scientific study on this.

In a scientific study it was discovered that the Scandinavian countries had a statistically abnormal amount of attractive women and strong men.

This has been accredited to the Vikings who would apon arrival to a foreign country would take all the attractive women and the strong men back home with them, so technically there is some scientific basis to suggest that our gene pool is diluted towards the ugly and the weak.

Don't ask me for proof there is some study somewhere. Have forgotten where i heard it

Apparently tests on Icelandic women reveal 25% of them have Irish ancestry going back to initial founding of the country.
    But if the Scandanavians are good looking because of kidnapping other wimmins shouldn't that country be good looking also?
    Someone with a better understanding of genetics may be o fus ehere; my idea would be it comes down to luck and human beahaviour.
    After a certain period of time when humans moved throughout Europe different tribes would become established, diffferent religions, different cultures etc
    Eventually national boundaries sprang up, now lets says when a country (maybe even region) was formed with their own culture as people tend to do they didn't venture to far outside of it due to their opinions of other countries tribes. If a genetic mutation (ie sexy gene) arose in one of these populations then because no-one married outside their country/region then the sexy gene was confined to that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

U-Bomb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It's all subjective and what's considered ugly by one person can be seen as an intresting quirk by somebody else . The Irish have good physical attributes and appearences like any race and on return to Ireland after being away for such a while , you notice this more , individuals you see on the street or on the train .... like little flashbacks and reminders of people you knew in former times .

When I hear people say red hair and freckles are ugly / a turn off .....Pah , they can add to attractiveness of the individual and like pale skin / blue eyes , can appeal to people of other nationalities ie, latin countrys like Spain , Italy and South America .

So yes , like the good and the bad , we have a fair few of the uglys but we compenstate that by having our fair share of ordinary , attractive , intresting and beautifiul people to .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Bugnug

Ugly? Who us? I don't think so! http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Thomondgates-Kamal-Ibrahim-crowned-Mr.6186060.jp

And now we have proof.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

JohnWhale wrote: »
    Spanish people are ugly to spanish people! Italians are ugly to theirs, and we all love them!

Agreed, it's just a case of taking the familiar for granted and overrating another look just because it is more novel.

In Sweden for example you'll see a fair amount of women actually dye their blonde hair jet-black just to stand out from the crowd. Basically they themselves move away from a look that we here might consider ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

if i type in why is says 'why does everyone want to be irish':D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Cleopatra_Rebel

Correction..not ALL Irish people are ugly just 99% of them are! :eek::P

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

everyone on boards being the good looking 1%:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Irish people who think the Irish are ugly think like that because they see things negatively.

So its a good indicator of a persons mental health rather than being in any way accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Yeah but then he invented whiskey and everything went to ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Gardalover

The Irish are the strongest people of the world
    the most sovereign people and the most handsome charming adorable paddy's in the whole entire world!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

this person is an idiot, google knows your from ireland when your searching so it relates every search to ireland...u so dam fugly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

who types questions into search engines anyway?

There ya go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

Irish people aint ungly we're just a bit different

European girls like Irish guys, I remember readin an article on it before, we're better craic and good listeners, so it said and that paddys are more talented in the pants regions

however, Irish girls dont score too high with foreign men, but we already knew that, it's coz they think their poop dont stink and all our poops stink.

naw, i cant remember the reason why, but for some reason, Irish men are likes on the continent but not our sisters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Piste wrote: »

:pac: Brill

• Registered Users Posts: 37 walshkvn

This is a great marketing exercise for Google ... fair dues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

Look at our great beauty pagent The Rose of Tralee.
    50% miss rate with the looks.
    And then theres the host, Ryan Turbidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

My favourite suggestions come from "i want to kill"

How did they know john and edward was No. 2 in my list?!

They're watching me.. I know it!... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

ocokev wrote: »
    Look at our great beauty pagent The Rose of Tralee.
    50% miss rate with the looks.
    And then theres the host, Ryan Turbidy.

I wonder are the attractive 50% the domestic contestants or the internationals ones (who've possibly had their genes polluted by superior looking fordiners?)

As for Tubridy? If you looked at his family tree you'd see a stump.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I used to think Irish guys drew the short straw when it came to female beauties in this country especially after a few weeks living in the US...:(

But after awhile the whole Beverly Hills fake blonde, toned body, perfect smile, Ralph Lauren pastel coloured shirts and beige chinos combination look just got boring and repetitive...I am certain there is a conveyor belt somewhere churning these Barbie dolls out...

It made me appreciate the diversity of Irish girls more when I came back but to be fair Irish girls do have a lot to answer for....

I dated a few Polish girls in Cork and while they were nice etc...they were obsessed with their weight and body fat, wldnt spend any money...no fun and just too much hard work to be bothered with..

I have heard that Irish guys are held in high esteem internationally...we are not as self absorbed and selfish by all accounts...oh yeah and 10 out of 10 in the sack...I wont argue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I think half the problem with Irish people is the dress sense. If you go onto the continent people don't go around in tracksuit pants unless they are doing athletics. Likewise women who are overweight tend to not wear bellytops and half of the male population aren't wearing football jerseys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

I think half the problem with Irish people is the dress sense. If you go onto the continent people don't go around in tracksuit pants unless they are doing athletics. Likewise women who are overweight tend to not wear bellytops and half of the male population aren't wearing football jerseys.

obviously you've never been to any European country ever?:D

working class people all over Europe wear football jerseys and tracksuits, unless there's a hooligan problem in the city/town, then they just wear foreign team's soccer jerseys

you're right about women though, fair point,

But we wouldn't have the problem of unsightly chicks if they took more pride in their appearance like their European sisters and how do we fix that problem? By only goin out with foreign girls until the Biddys realise that being a tub of lard aint attractive

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭kuntboy

Irish women are ugly as sin but they still walk around with their noses in the air thinking they are it. They generally have square hips with rolls of flesh protruding over their belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

kuntboy wrote: »
    Irish women are ugly as sin but they still walk around with their noses in the air thinking they are it. They generally have square hips with rolls of flesh protruding over their belt.

You left out the youve been tangoed tan and badly bleached hair. Although there are some ok Irish girls out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

For all their faults I still want an Irish girl and I know most of them say the same things about fellas.

When you get comfortable with an Irish girl spectacular things can happen ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

For all their faults I still want an Irish girl and I know most of them say the same things about fellas.

When you get comfortable with an Irish girl spectacular things can happen ;)

Yeah they put on a few stone:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

I used to think Irish guys drew the short straw when it came to female beauties in this country especially after a few weeks living in the US...:(

But after awhile the whole Beverly Hills fake blonde, toned body, perfect smile, Ralph Lauren pastel coloured shirts and beige chinos combination look just got boring and repetitive...I am certain there is a conveyor belt somewhere churning these Barbie dolls out...

It made me appreciate the diversity of Irish girls more when I came back but to be fair Irish girls do have a lot to answer for....

I dated a few Polish girls in Cork and while they were nice etc...they were obsessed with their weight and body fat, wldnt spend any money...no fun and just too much hard work to be bothered with..

I have heard that Irish guys are held in high esteem internationally...we are not as self absorbed and selfish by all accounts...oh yeah and 10 out of 10 in the sack...I wont argue.

Was in northern Europe last week. Meet some irish guys who complained the women were good looking there but boring and no sense of humour. The guys I met were very good looking but did lack that spark of wit and craic you get with irish guys. Irish make up in personality and attitude, which is so much more sexy then good dress sense. BTW they were all over us irish over there ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

obviously you've never been to any European country ever?:D

working class people all over Europe wear football jerseys and tracksuits, unless there's a hooligan problem in the city/town, then they just wear foreign team's soccer jerseys

you're right about women though, fair point,

But we wouldn't have the problem of unsightly chicks if they took more pride in their appearance like their European sisters and how do we fix that problem? By only goin out with foreign girls until the Biddys realise that being a tub of lard aint attractive

I have been to Germany many times and lets be clear, nobody wears tracksuites in Germany. I have seen a fair few Polish wearing tracksuites and baseball caps.

I agree about pride in apperance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement