Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom won't install phoneline until June

• 12-03-2010 5:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

So, i rang Eircom on Monday to get a phoneline and broadband sorted for my new house. They took all my details etc. and then did a check to see whether broadband is available in the area (i'm about 90% sure that it is). Unfortunatly the sales rep told me that there was 'work pending' on the line into the estate and i wouldn't be able to get even a phone line till at least the 16th of June and then there will be no gaurantee i'll be able to get broadband, which is the only reason i'm getting the phoneline in the first place. The other houses in the estate have been there for 2 years and some of them have been occupied for around the same lenght of time. I tried placing an order through their online order system and that seems to be sitting there with no progress so far.

Was just wondering if anyone else had run into this problem/situation and what they did about it.

Advertisement