Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Suit Gundam; Yay or Nay?

Options
  • 12-03-2010 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭

Just bought the complete Mobile Suit Gundam (1979) DVD Collection on a whim.

Is it actually good or should I have just bought one of the newer series?

Please don't spoil anything on me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Honestly, I haven't seen it, having just watched the newer stuff.

Though people who have seen it regularly tell me that it, and Zeta Gundam are far better than anything produced recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Cheers for the reply. It has apparently been shipped from Malaysia, so I should know soon enough myself.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

didnt like any gundam series. probably coz i hate that kinda stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

didnt like any gundam series. probably coz i hate that kinda stuff

Well if you hate mecha shows, then why did you watch several Gundam series?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

to see what the fuss was about. i normally stick with a show once i start watching it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I have only seen the trilogy adaptation (essentially it's the tv series cut down into 6 hours) and I really like it. Their are better gundam series and they really explore a lot of genres in different series, so as long as you like mecha you'll find something you like. It is a good idea to start at the beginning though!

Advertisement