Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CP's nabbed by the Taxman

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

kraggy wrote: »
    They're not allowed to. If a pub runs out of vodka, they can't just run down to the off-license and buy a bottle. It's against the law. They have to buy it off whole-salers at a different price.

What law is that please?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

We would all (and most people do in one way or another, cash in hand, buying in the US etc) avoid paying as much tax as possible so I certainly will not be getting too upset with the owners, they took a chance and got caught

Ahh, no.

For the employees, no tax paid = no stamps paid. This has immediate consequences if they become unemployed or sick while they're still working age.

It also has major consequences once they get older. If a person has worked under the table more or all of their life, they will not qualify for a contributory pension, so will get quite a lot less to live on once they're too old to work.

JustMary wrote: »
    Ahh, no.

For the employees, no tax paid = no stamps paid. This has immediate consequences if they become unemployed or sick while they're still working age.

It also has major consequences once they get older. If a person has worked under the table more or all of their life, they will not qualify for a contributory pension, so will get quite a lot less to live on once they're too old to work.

Ok, I was talking about income tax. If its effecting other people without there knowledge then its not good but its likely they were asked to work cash in hand. It was/is quite common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Xiney wrote: »
    When we've got so many people unemployed around the city, county and country, the fact that they'd mess about with the people they do employ is really just scumbaggery.
    Its because unemployment is so high that they can mess people around - if someone is desperate for work they'll take what they can find.
    mox54 wrote: »
    revenues computer system is pretty sophisticated and they are only beginning to realise or cop on to how good it is if interrogated properly so they can find out just about anything if you have a pps.....scary!:eek:
    They are leaving no stone unturned these days either - even post-it notes advertising services in public libraries and the like have joined the rainy day fund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

'ello 'ello 'ello, what's all this then?

http://www.centralparkclub.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

that tunnel bit puts me in mind of the birth scene in Look Who's Talking.

Which in turn puts me in mind of Kirstie Alley's vagina.

*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

That looks awful. Trying to be a blatent carbon copy of Halo, which we dont want as Halo is an absolute dump.

Why cant we get a proper nightclub where people go for the music rather than a 'trendy' bar masquarading as a nightclub that caters only to students and people who wish they still were students?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

i'm thinking wow at the look but unless it starts hosting quality dj nights then i'm not going to be paying in to cps full stop.

i have to admit it does look cool as **** tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Elevator wrote: »
    i'm thinking wow at the look but unless it starts hosting quality dj nights then i'm not going to be paying in to cps full stop.

i have to admit it does look cool as **** tho :)

It does look pretty cool. Also the site suggest it will be 18's...and dress code is make an impression!...guess that's some guys idea of a joke. The site was very well done...wonder did the web designer get his PRSI, PAYE against the work or was it cash in hand. I think the owner is a fair oul scumbag for not paying that too.

Really like the look of the place, looks very cool!! Hope it looks as good in the flesh.

Looking forward to it opening now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

meh.jpg

Advertisement