Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treating a garden fence?

Options
  • 12-03-2010 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Gonna take it out for dinner, maybe a movie-

I finally got my garden just the way I want it, but notice now that the wooden fence going all the way around is looking shabby by comparison. It's never been treated or even painted. Can I just slap on some Cuprinol directly onto it or has 5 years of harsh winters and harsh summers caused some damage that I need to repair before covering over with treatment? What should I be looking for? It's still solid enough, but does look washed out and faded.

Also, any tips on brand and application method? It's a 6 foot high fence encompassing about 30x30 foot garden, but there are gaps between the slats, so I don't think a sprayer or similar would work very well - the neighbours wouldn't be happy about their garden being zebrified.

Advertisement