Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IndyCar Series 2010

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Still got a solid finish for Adam. May not have been a Top 10, but finishing all the laps is better than nothing!

Also, another Power surge to the top!

*tumbleweed*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

No Carroll this weekend it seems. Hopefully this won't be too boring, not a big fan of the Street races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

amacachi wrote: »
    No Carroll this weekend it seems. Hopefully this won't be too boring, not a big fan of the Street races.

I think I heard him say he's back for the race at Mid-Ohio

Yup, he's only due in at Mid-Ohio this year.

Anyway, race has been alright so far, a lot of contact happening down around Turn 3 :rolleyes:

Wow, three races today in three different series - and three different drivers have had wins robbed from them.

Bloody hell, it's an airport runway for crying out loud, how is moving from your line down the front straight to be able to make Turn 1 considered blocking? They better get some sense into them and overturn this really ****e call and give Helio the win he... partially deserved. (Will really deserved it for leading all race until after the last pit stop)

Didn't realise there was a race yesterday, was fully sure there wasn't, then tried to record it this mornin and there was a power cut. ¬_¬ So I just caught the last 20 or so laps now. Ridiculous to penalise for that, every replay makes what he did look more and more within the rules, there's no way that should be considered blocking.

Carroll happy to take experience with him to Mid-Ohio this weekend

INDIANAPOLIS (Aug. 2, 2010) - AFS Racing/Andretti Autosport driver Adam Carroll has had a month to look back on his IZOD IndyCar Series debut at Watkins Glen and even more time to reflect on his first laps at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Now, he must take everything he has thought about and apply it to his next opportunity at this weekend's Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio.

Carroll, who will be behind the wheel of the #27 Automatic Fire Sprinklers car for AFS Racing/Andretti Autosport, impressed many at Watkins Glen by qualifying 10th before driving to a 16th place finish. The 2009 A1GP World Cup of Motorsport champion is now hoping to build on the experience he gained in race conditions at a track where he tested in late June.

ADAM CARROLL, #27 AUTOMATIC FIRE SPRINKLERS CAR:

(WHAT DO YOU FEEL IS MORE VALUABLE: THE LAPS YOU DID WHILE TESTING AT MID-OHIO OR THE MILES YOU LOGGED DURING THE RACE WEEKEND AT WATKINS GLEN?) "I don't really know. I'm glad I had both, to tell you the truth. I wouldn't want to choose between the two. "My experience so far in an IZOD IndyCar has been really good. The test at Mid-Ohio was great because I was finally able to get in the car and got a lot of laps in. The race in Watkins Glen was a good learning experience for all of those little things-leaving the pits, entering the pits, getting strapped into the car at the start.

"The test at Mid-Ohio was really good. We did over 100 laps-plenty of miles. Over the day I could tell how it rubbered in, and it got more and more grip. The advantage of being there and already done laps is that I can get up to speed faster. I was as quick as a lot of the guys around me so hopefully I can build on that and stay close to pace.

"Watkins Glen was hard, probably because it was completely different than the test. It is very big and fast, while Mid-Ohio is a very technical, busy little circuit.

"One thing that is really impressive with the IZOD IndyCars is the amount of downforce. I really had to know where the limit was at Watkins Glen without going off course but keep at speed at the same time.

"One thing that's hard is that when you haven't been in car for a while, sometimes driving the car isn't the tough part, it's all the little details that you have to learn. These (IZOD IndyCar Series) races are almost two-hours long -- almost half an hour longer than an F1 race. From warming up your tires to things like hitting the push-to-pass button by mistake with my knee, there are so many little details that can add up to make a big difference."

-source: andretti autosport

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=380622&FS=INDYCAR

Poor race for Carroll last weekend.

It's not til next weekend but just one more road course left this year then back to the ovals. ^_^
    Really hope they get to Michigan next year before the new and very draggy bodies come in. The NASCAR is there this weekend but it's one of those tracks where you're watching it and just wishing it was indycars going around it instead. :pac:

Damn dog, checking on him made me miss Wheldon's flip live as it happened :mad:

Fair play to Power, someone needs to get at his car with a wrench next year before a road race.

• Advertisement

Just a reminded, Chicagoland tonight. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Just a reminded, Chicagoland tonight. :)

I'd completely forgotten about tonights race, between F1 and MotoGP didnt even check the Indy Car schedule!

frostie500 wrote: »
    I'd completely forgotten about tonights race, between F1 and MotoGP didnt even check the Indy Car schedule!

Think Kentucky is next Sunday, great having a couple of 1.5 mile ovals in two straight weekends. ^_^

Goddamnit I love oval racing. :D God knows how many people could win this race.

To quote the IndyCar Twitter:
    Ed Carpenter was given a drive through penalty after pitting from turn 4 and not using the decel lane properly on the second stop

Another application of silly rules rather than common sense prevailing because his damn engine died!

TheChrisD wrote: »
    To quote the IndyCar Twitter:

Another application of silly rules rather than common sense prevailing because his damn engine died!

Was he in anyone's way? Can't say it's really spoiled my fun tonight tbh. :pac:

What a ****-up for Power. I don't think I've ever felt sick for as long without puking as I have tonight, unreal stuff.

A great race and all, but seriously another Franchitti win... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

If there's such a thing as a race thats too exciting, that was it. My nerves are shot :D

• Advertisement

Ed Carpenter on pole. Bloody hell :eek:

More concerned with Franchitti being in 11th. Seems the current aero package favours track position over everything else, they're gonna need something else from Chip's bag of tricks to keep the pressure on Power. Seems like it just ain't happening for Dario on the ovals this end of the season.

Ganassi always use the full aero package, while Penske used the trimmed down version don't they?

Well, let's see who takes tyres and who doesn't at the end...

Aye but I'd say they'll all be wise to it this time. If I were outside the top 5 I'd probably pit about 5 laps short of where you could comfortably get to the end, save a lap or two of fuel and 4/5 laps of cautions and it's all peachy. Risky but they gotta do something unless they're happy to drift further back.
    The full aero (if they had it) didn't seem to do much good for Dario back in traffic last week though.

Ignore my last post, remembered they'd go a lap down if they tried that. :pac:

Does the Indy Lights be worth watching on ovals?

• Advertisement

Does the Indy Lights be worth watching on ovals?

Sometimes. There's not as much pack racing as in the IndyCars but you do still see a fair few battles on the track. Plus it's only ever about 40 minutes long, and it's a better spectacle than some of the crap on TV around the same time!

Just switched on, looks like I missed quite a crash.

Just switched on, looks like I missed quite a crash.

Same, only remembered about it when I saw the IndyCar Twitter mentioning it. Tuned in just before the end of the red flag.

Y'know, is it wrong for me to hope that Hélio gets DQ'd for some banal reason just so that Ed can get his win...?

2011 schedule released.

*yawn*

• Advertisement

Why they go and get rid of Chicagoland? :(

Why they go and get rid of Chicagoland? :(

Something about International Speedway Corporation and their promotion. Them and the IRL had a few differences of opinion, so the ISC tracks were removed.

Yeah, heard about the absence of the ISC tracks, have to admit that I can't imagine NASCAR getting away with the kind of domination they have in Europe.

It seems to be getting more and more street/road course orientated every year. Was this not what the split was about?

f1dan wrote: »
    It seems to be getting more and more street/road course orientated every year. Was this not what the split was about?

Yup, it disappoints me somewhat. I don't know the numbers but I think there may be a confidence factor in it about taking on NASCAR with the ovals.

Yup, it disappoints me somewhat. I don't know the numbers but I think there may be a confidence factor in it about taking on NASCAR with the ovals.

I'm not too sure what you mean but if was a confidence thing, why would they go and race at a NASCAR track in New Hampshire

f1dan wrote: »
    I'm not too sure what you mean but if was a confidence thing, why would they go and race at a NASCAR track in New Hampshire

The tracks owned by NASCAR I meant, and they seem to be diluting the ovals more and more as the crowds continue to fail to rise. They're claiming something about promotion as the reasons for not going back to the ISC tracks, but it's rare a statement like that can be taken purely at face value.

So, 12 points the gap going into Homestead. This should be fun.

I just feel like Power is due to beat Franchitti on an oval, think he's only finished ahead of him once in 7 races so far this year.

Well this is a disappointing end to the season :(

• Advertisement

Franchitti, **** off :mad:

**** it anyway, had to read up on it because I'll be watching something from 7am from Australia and they'd definitely mention the result if Power won. Sounds like a pretty kickass race, very annoyed at myself for missing it, was as sure as I've ever been about anything that it wasn't on until tomorrow. :(

Advertisement