Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 SIM backup keeps popping up on my phone

Options
  • 12-03-2010 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi there
    I have one annoying problem.
    I copied all my contacts from my phone memory to my simcard via the normal phone function [contacts-copy-copy to SIM]. Since then every 30 mins a screen pops up saying [do you want to back up your contacts to o2 webpage? it will cost you 2 eur.....] and two options [yes] and [exit]. First time i pressed exit. Then afer a while it popped up again. I was curious and pressed [yes] immediately it started [processing] and then [you dont have enough credit, do it another time...]. Ever since it keeps popping up and no matter what i press it keeps coming back. I tried to take out battery, switch SIMs etc, but when i put my one back it still pops up.
    Is it o2 sim or my phone that does that?
    Phone is Samsung Innov8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This has happened before, i cant remember if it was the same phone. Your best way forward is to contact o2 directly, or send Daryl from o2 who is on boards a PM and explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Savage_Henry

is his username daryl?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭O2_Sheena

Can you send me on the PM please? When did this start?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 darken9

I have the same problem. Every time I use my phone there is a request asking me if i want to back up my numbers. Worse when I did lose my phone last month and tried restoring the numbers to my new phone the downloading failed. So I have paid money for a service that I did not ask for, I do not want and does not work. I don't want this fixed I simply want the app removed from my phone. And every time I report this to customer service I am promised a reply which never comes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Savage_Henry

the only way to get rid of this is to go to a o2 shop and get a new sim (free)
    paddy here sent me a sim that wasnt activated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aerben

Yeah this is so annoying cos sometimes it pops up wen im about to press the select button and i accidently press yes and it takes the 50 cents

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

My girlfriend had the same problem too. no matter how much she tried to back it up to stop it it kept coming up.
    it kept on killing the battery life too. only way was to get a new sim in the post. its grand now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@aerben - try getting a replacement sim if it's happening you as well. i'm assuming the op has resolved his issue at this stage.

Advertisement