Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The santonio single player level

Options
  • 12-03-2010 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I know we are not meant to give two sh*ts about single player but this level surprised me and I mentioned it in my review in being the odd gem that pops up 2/3rds into the game.

For those who have no interest in playing the campaign but want a spoiler free explanation of the level:

It is the only open ended map in the game, that requires the player to move around a desert to 3 different locations and completet the same objective at each one. Each is made increasingly difficult as you progress and then finally you go to the fourth location for plot progression.

Anyway its surprisingly enjoyable level with elements of half life episode 2's jeep moments that just randomly changes the game design and then goes back to its linear gamestyle and I am honestly surprised how odd the level is in the overall package.

It is strange and I cant help but feel annoyed that if they went with this design for all the games levels somewhat that it might have been a more unique and possible more enjoyable experiance over the very by the numbers single player.

Also of the few reviews I have read or watched little or no mention is made of the level which is surprising consider how much it sticks out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Enjoyable level shame the hide and heal thing makes short work of the choppers.

Some punishment for dying would have made the SP a lot better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im on that level at the moment and the choppers keep killing me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Im on that level at the moment and the choppers keep killing me.

It was probably the toughest part of all the SP campaign.

unless of course you hide like dreamers75 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Ponster wrote: »
    It was probably the toughest part of all the SP campaign.

unless of course you hide like dreamers75 :p

hardest bit for me was the drainage canal in the third last level, mostly because the spawn points there tend to stretch between 3 or so battles and I tended to get f*cked by a stray grenade in the last seconds.

Advertisement