Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Data Usage

• 12-03-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi

I currently have company phone with a data contract. I want to ensure I do not go over the Data Limit.

Because I am an 'End user' not the bill payer I do not have access to my monthly data usage via the web or *111#. Nor does it seem that there is any way for o2 to warn me if I go near or over the limit.

I think this is a ridiculous situation. I am the user of the phone but there is no way for me monitor the usage. I dont want my boss to get landed with a big bill.

Is anyone else in this situation ?, anyway around ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

what phone have you? It may (like the n900) have a data counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

I have an unlocked HTC hero. I dont think there is anything built in, I suppose I could get some sort of app. but I dont think that would be very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

NetCounter is very good and accurate. try it

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

docentore wrote: »

Just downloaded netcounter. Should do the job, I was reluctant to use an app, as it would waste battery and memory. But at least ill have some idea of data usage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

docentore wrote: »

+1. That's what i use on the Nexus one,seems pretty accurate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement