Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Default 'Network Lock' and 'Unlockaing A Phone'

• 12-03-2010 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Is there a difference between 'network lock' and 'unlocking a phone?' Here's where I'm coming from.

During the week I shifted mobile supplier from Virgin PAYG to Vodafone contract.

My phone, Samsung G600 was locked to the Virgin network. I fiddled about a bit and according to the Vodafone helpdesk got the Vodafone Sim activated. So I'm assuming that somewhere along the line the phone became 'unlocked.'

Now, however, when I go to turn on the mobile I am presented with a message 'Network Lock' with a space to enter a password. Virgin want to charge me £15 to obtain this password, is there anyway I can obtain it for free.

I've carried out a search on Google but can't seem to pin anything done. Anybody help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

This post has been deleted.
    Got it unlocked locally, same price really, but would rather keep my business local.

Kevin

Advertisement