Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oasis 'Let's All Make Believe'

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Sounds a bit like this

But at least they are imitating one of their own songs and this is one of their best ones

Always a belter live as well, shame Liam usually never sang the second verse thats on the studio version. Stunning performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

'Rocking Chair' (b-side of 'Roll With It') was what alerted me to the fact that it was worth buying Oasis' singles as well as their albums. I proceeded to buy them all after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Dunno if this list has been posted before, but...

"Acquiesce" 1995 Noel Gallagher "Some Might Say" (single)/The Masterplan
    "Alive (8-track Demo)" 1994 Noel Gallagher "Shakermaker" (single)
    "Angel Child" (Demo) 1997 Noel Gallagher "D'You Know What I Mean?" (single)
    "(As Long as They've Got) Cigarettes in Hell" 2000 Noel Gallagher "Go Let It Out" (single)
    "Carry Us All" 2000 Noel Gallagher "Sunday Morning Call" (single)
    "Cloudburst" 1994 Noel Gallagher "Live Forever" (single)
    "D'yer Wanna Be a Spaceman?" 1994 Noel Gallagher "Shakermaker" (single)
    "Eyeball Tickler" 2005 Gem Archer "Lyla" (single)
    "Fade Away" 1994 Noel Gallagher "Cigarettes & Alcohol" (single)/The Masterplan
    "The Fame" 1998 Noel Gallagher "All Around the World" (single)
    "Flashbax" 1998 Noel Gallagher "All Around the World" (single)
    "Full On" 2000 Noel Gallagher "Sunday Morning Call" (single)
    "Going Nowhere" 1997 Noel Gallagher "Stand by Me" (single)/The Masterplan
    "Half the World Away" 1994 Noel Gallagher "Whatever" (single)/The Masterplan
    "Headshrinker" 1995 Noel Gallagher "Some Might Say" (single)/The Masterplan
    "(I Got) the Fever" 1997 Noel Gallagher "Stand by Me" (single)
    "I Will Believe" [Live] 1994 Noel Gallagher "Supersonic" (single)
    "Idler's Dream" 2002 Noel Gallagher "The Hindu Times" (single)
    "It's Better People" 1995 Noel Gallagher "Roll with It" (single)
    "(It's Good) to Be Free" 1994 Noel Gallagher "Whatever" (single)/The Masterplan
    "Just Getting Older" 2002 Noel Gallagher "The Hindu Times" (single)
    "Let's All Make Believe" 2000 Noel Gallagher Standing on the Shoulder of Giants (Japanese CD only)/"Go Let It Out" (single)
    "Listen Up" 1994 Noel Gallagher "Cigarettes & Alcohol" (single)/The Masterplan
    "The Masterplan" 1995 Noel Gallagher "Wonderwall" (single)/The Masterplan
    "My Sister Lover" 1997 Noel Gallagher "Stand by Me" (single)
    "One Way Road" 2000 Noel Gallagher "Who Feels Love?" (single)
    "Pass Me Down the Wine" 2005 Liam Gallagher "The Importance of Being Idle" (single)
    "The Quiet Ones" 2005 Gem Archer "The Importance of Being Idle" (single)
    "Rockin' Chair" 1995 Noel Gallagher/C. Griffiths "Roll with It" (single)/The Masterplan/"Wonderwall" EP
    "Round Are Way" 1995 Noel Gallagher "Wonderwall" (single)
    "Sad Song" 1994 Noel Gallagher Definitely Maybe (vinyl + Japanese CD only)/"Don't Go Away" (Japanese single)
    "Shout It Out Loud" 2002 Noel Gallagher "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" (single)
    "Sittin' Here in Silence (On My Own)" 2005 Noel Gallagher Don't Believe the Truth (Japanese CD only)/"Let There Be Love" (single)
    "Stay Young" 1997 Noel Gallagher "D'You Know What I Mean?" (single)/The Masterplan
    "Step Out" 1996 Noel Gallagher/Stevie Wonder/Henry Cosby/Sylvia Moy "Don't Look Back in Anger" (single)
    "The Swamp Song" 1995 Noel Gallagher "Wonderwall" (single)/The Masterplan
    "Take Me Away" 1994 Noel Gallagher "Supersonic" (single)
    "Talk Tonight" 1995 Noel Gallagher "Some Might Say" (single)/The Masterplan
    "Thank You for the Good Times" 2002 Andy Bell "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" (single)
    "Underneath the Sky" 1996 Noel Gallagher "Don't Look Back in Anger" (single)/The Masterplan
    "Won't Let You Down" 2005 Liam Gallagher "Lyla" (single)

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Pass Me Down the Wine is another cracking b side

One Way Road is another I love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

15 years on I still can't believe that 'Acquiesce' was only a b-side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Yes will agree with you on that one Xavi6. A terrific effort. Would definitely put it ahead of the song listed in OP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

oasis wonderwall is g.o.a.t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭thelastpartizan

zimovain wrote: »
    One Way Road is another I love.

You should check out Paul Wellers version of that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtTkST_8uDI

You should check out Paul Wellers version of that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtTkST_8uDI

Can't stand his version!! I do like his duet on Talk Tonight though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

This one was pretty darn good too

They had soooo many good b-sides its quite unreal actually..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Xavi6 wrote: »
    15 years on I still can't believe that 'Acquiesce' was only a b-side.

15 years :eek:????? Dear God you just made me feel old man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

I remember a few years back Q magazine had a feature where they listed out songs that nobody had ever heard of by great bands. Lets All Make Believe was one of them. Truly great song with a brilliant vocal performance by Liam.

All of the Standing On The Shoulder of Giants-era tracks seem to have been forgotten, but now and again I like to throw on Go Let It Out and Roll It Over, the latter is psychedelic brilliance with a nice two-piece choir thrown in!

Was brilliant when Noel Gallagher played Rockin Chair live at the teenage cancer trust a couple of months ago, been waiting years for that song to be played live again!

You wonder why they havent released an album of b sides or out takes. or maybe it was put forward and one of the brothers objected. again.

You wonder why they havent released an album of b sides or out takes. or maybe it was put forward and one of the brothers objected. again.

'The Masterplan' B-side compilation was released in 1998, quality album. Some b-sides were included on the 'Stop The Clocks' best-of in 2007. Noel Gallagher has talked before about "opening up the vault" and releasing loads of demos etc but nothing has been heard on that since

The Masterplan is a B-Side Album ;)

I can see B-side collection coming out at some stage, we already have 'Time Flies' out in a few weeks so a new b-side collection is not far away.

Very sad how it turned out in the end, there were a lot of personnel changes in the band. Of the five who started out, only the Gallaghers remained.
    Again for me, that beatles obsession which started popping up on second album was when it started to go a bit pear shaped.
    Who knows maybe they outgrew the sound of Definitely Maybe but I think they just deviated too much.
    Same thing happened with JAMC who were also on Creation records. They never were able to live up to the expectations of Pyschocandy.

Very sad how it turned out in the end, there were a lot of personnel changes in the band. Of the five who started out, only the Gallaghers remained.
    Again for me, that beatles obsession which started popping up on second album was when it started to go a bit pear shaped.
    Who knows maybe they outgrew the sound of Definitely Maybe but I think they just deviated too much.

The Beatles obsession started from the very start! Listen to "Up In The Sky" from Definitely Maybe, and then listen to "Rain" by The Beatles, which is on the Past Masters album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭thelastpartizan

The Beatles obsession started from the very start! Listen to "Up In The Sky" from Definitely Maybe, and then listen to "Rain" by The Beatles, which is on the Past Masters album.

Don't see any resemblance in those 2 songs, actually oasis borrowed from the likes of The Stones, Slade and T-Rex far more than The Beatles. The Beatles obsession was stirred up more by the media and Oasis just went with it. You're in your 20's and a load of people are comparing you to the best band that ever was, most bands would adopt the predicatable fake modesty approach, not Oasis though, part of the reason so many people love Oasis is because they were 1 of the most honest bands around.

Don't see any resemblance in those 2 songs, actually oasis borrowed from the likes of The Stones, Slade and T-Rex far more than The Beatles. The Beatles obsession was stirred up more by the media and Oasis just went with it. You're in your 20's and a load of people are comparing you to the best band that ever was, most bands would adopt the predicatable fake modesty approach, not Oasis though, part of the reason so many people love Oasis is because they were 1 of the most honest bands around.

Fair enough, I think they're real similar though. The whole Beatles thing doesn't bother me at all btw, I'm a huge Oasis fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

The similarity that I can see is on ' Round Our way' which has the same intro as ' Got To Get Into Your Life'

thesultan wrote: »
    The similarity that I can see is on ' Round Our way' which has the same intro as ' Got To Get Into Your Life'

Well spotted. They played 'Round Are Way' at a gig in Blackpool in 1995 and sang 'Got To Get You Into My Life' at the end of the song.

Almost every Oasis song has elements 'borrowed' from another song. 'Cloudburst' supposedly sounds like Hot Chocolates's 'You Sexy Thing'!

I reckon we should take a pick at another b-side album. Best 14 songs? That ain't on Masterplan ;)
    'Cloudburst'

I'd never heard of this song before, but its fookin' quality.

The last b-sides off Dig out your soul were a compete rip off and spelled the end of Oasis and Noel didn't seem to care anymore

thesultan wrote: »
    The last b-sides off Dig out your soul were a compete rip off and spelled the end of Oasis and Noel didn't seem to care anymore

Havn't heard any of them, link(s)?

Mostly remixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Mostly remixes with one or two originals.

Here's one of the originals. Very odd track..

This should of been on Dig out your Soul. Great track

• Advertisement

Stop The Clocks should also have been given a proper release.

Advertisement