Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oasis 'Let's All Make Believe'

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Quality stuff.

Should just rename this thread to "Oasis B-Sides" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I was listening to some of the B-sides today and they still sound great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

My Generation from the Little By Little single could well be their best cover version!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The Masterplan is their second best album as far as I am concerned and that is all b sides.

• Advertisement

I know its not a B-Side, but I love this version of Hey Now!

Saganist wrote: »

Have to say, I fookin' love this track.

Have to say, I fookin' love this track.

Ya, it's a real chill out tune.

He mentions wasting songs as B-sides in the early singles!

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/51177

Noel Gallagher
    has explained the reasons behind the running order of Oasis' forthcoming singles collection album 'Time Flies'.

In an exclusive new video interview about his time in the band - which you can view on the right of your screen now - the guitarist explained his choices.

"I tried to look at it like a gig – albeit a very ****ing long one," he said. "'Supersonic' seems like a great opener, and 'Falling Down' seems like a great last song in the set."

Gallagher added: "You could do it chronologically, but then all the real iconic stuff is at the front."

A total of 23 new videos featuring Gallagher talking about the compilation will be released online in the coming weeks. See Oasisinet.com for more information.

'Time Flies' is released on June 14. The cover artwork is a shot of one of Oasis' Knebworth gigs in 1996.

The full tracklisting for 'Time Flies' is:

CD1:
    'Supersonic'
    'Roll With It'
    'Live Forever'
    'Wonderwall'
    'Stop Crying Your Heart Out'
    'Cigarettes & Alcohol'
    'Songbird'
    'Don’t Look Back In Anger'
    'The Hindu Times'
    'Stand By Me'
    'Lord Don’t Slow Me Down'
    'Shakermaker'
    'All Around The World'

CD2:
    'Some Might Say'
    'The Importance of Being Idle'
    'D'You Know What I Mean?'
    'Lyla'
    'Let There Be Love'
    'Go Let It Out'
    'Who Feels Love?'
    'Little By Little'
    'The Shock Of The Lightning'
    'She Is Love'
    'Whatever'
    'I’m Outta Time'
    'Falling Down' /'Sunday Morning Call' (secret track)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Good to see he hasnt ignored the Be Here Now singles. Still think they're class, a bit long sure enough, but still class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭supersaint3

Don't think anyone has mentioned it yet and I realised I forgot to when I was on the thread a few weeks ago but - heart of a star off of songbird, lovely little song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

Don't think anyone has mentioned it yet and I realised I forgot to when I was on the thread a few weeks ago but - heart of a star off of songbird, lovely little song :)
    Just found the song "Boy with the blues" on YouTube. Look it up it's fookin epic. Don't know how it didn't make dig out your soul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

'The Boy With The Blues' was going to be a stand-alone single, to be released before Dig Out Your Soul. They didn't bother in the end though. Should certainly have been on the album, not relegated to being a bonus track!

Check out this track I've been listening to over the last few days, nice little acoustic number from a soundcheck.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

'The Boy With The Blues' was going to be a stand-alone single, to be released before Dig Out Your Soul. They didn't bother in the end though. Should certainly have been on the album, not relegated to being a bonus track!

Check out this track I've been listening to over the last few days, nice little acoustic number from a soundcheck.

Oh I didn't know they planned Boy With The blues was to be a stand alone single. That link is yours is good.... Noels solo material perhaps? His solo album should be epic. I read somewhere that he's been working on songs for his own solo album since 2000

Im hoping for a mix of rockers and ballads on Noel's solo record ala 'Mucky Fingers' & 'Stop The Clocks

[YOUTUBEQdve0eHV1Zw][/YOUTUBE]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

great tune alright...

i reckon noel has many a great tune left,he just wasn't gonna waste them on oasis......cant wait for a solo album by him,not too bothered about what liam does tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Good tune alright but I think this one will be better when its laid down !

Again, from a sound check !

And he can adapt the rock classics like Supersonic into almost gentle ballads! From a soundcheck

And an acoustic led Rock n Roll Star

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

The b-side from Supersonic... Love this tune.

• Advertisement

d.anthony wrote: »

The b-side from Supersonic... Love this tune.

Nice little song for sure.

Advertisement