Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

furniture depot

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 damian hunston

the shop in tullamore knew for weeks that it was going to close and still took deposits heard it from other shops in the retail park why did they ring at 5 on a friday to tell me they are closing the girl on the phone laughed when i asked for a refund checked today and the shop is still full of stock.they lied in the high court,newspapers,radio,and letters fact!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

The store in Clonmel was closed down 4 weeks before Kilkenny did, that was a good warning sign, but I'm sure they would of passed it off as they were downsizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 timbarr

i got my letter today telling me that my deposit was gone. disappointed but at least i can put it behind me now and start looking elsewhere now insteading of waiting in vain for someting to happen. a lesson learned defo. did anyone go to the sale- what was it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

The sale is today. Is there going to be one in the Kilkenny store.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Sale to be in Wexford only, judging by the crowd at the Wexford store on Wednesday for the invitation only sale i wouldnt be surprised if it was expanded some where else if they still have stock. Store was packed on Wednesday with long lines of people waiting outside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 furnitureman

Can someone please tell me how you can advise customers you have more stock coming in for a liquidation sale. I thought the idea was to liquidate the assets of the business. Its false advertising and a con.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Because it's not furniture depot selling the goods, they were passed on to a thrid party to sell who is obviously brining more stock while there are people there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 skooter123

Dymo wrote: »
    Because it's not furniture depot selling the goods, they were passed on to a thrid party to sell who is obviously brining more stock while there are people there.

The worst bit of all is that the 'third party' that are having the liquidation sale are not a 'third party' at all. If you look at the directors of Twincob Trading- same surname as the previous owners of Furniture Depot.

The liquidator must have sold them on the stock to have the sale- at a fraction of the original cost no doubt! A right old scam- they get to leave their old debts behind, and make lots of money via this sale under the fronting of a new company with family members down as directors!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Was at sale on Wednesday - 1st day and yesterday the "last" day. No great deals from what i could see. The sort of prices you would expect from a normal sale. The people selling the stuff dont seem to be under any great pressure to offload it.

I only called back yesterday as it was supposed to be last day and i thought if they had to get rid of stuff urgently then that would be the day, however the guy who seemed to be in charge said the sale was going to continue for a few more days. There was also plenty of stock coming in through back and they had people unpacking and assembling stuff for display. Not much of a fire sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TheMaherlad

I see there is another "liquidation" sale of Furniture Depot/ Twincob in Tullamore tomorrow at 10 am (advertised in Sunday Indo at w/e)

In light of what people are saying, that its not really a liquidation sale its just another company trading off the 'Furniture Depot liquidation' i wonder would there be much value to be had at the store.
    Moving into a new build in 10 days and need some furniture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

I heard Curley's are closing down all their furniture stores except Galway and Ennis, He owes a lot to Nama and the 2 Kilkenny Stores were bought at the height of the boom.

Advertisement