Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

planet x model b wheelset

• 12-03-2010 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

anyone know if I need a spacer when using a 10 speed casette?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I think you would need the standard 1mm spacer if it is the 8/9/10 speed hub body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭andun84

mloc123 wrote: »

Two sets of these wheels but can't remember other than I didn't have any problems with fitting my cassettes so that either means they aren't required or if they are they were provided so in either case you shouldn't have an issue. Sorry couldn't be more definitive.

Planet X always very quick to respond to any emails so if you don't get a more definitive response here just fire them off an email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭andun84

blorg wrote: »
    I think you would need the standard 1mm spacer if it is the 8/9/10 speed hub body.

I think the original model b's were 8/9/10 speed compatible however I think I remember some discussion about them now being 10 speed only however that could be rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

mloc123 wrote: »

If your wheels have the same hub body as my 2008 Model B wheels you should use a 1mm washer on the inside of the 10sp casette.
    It is not absolutely necessary as I have tried it without the washer which allows me to switch wheels without adjusting the derailer. However the casette will be slightly loose and wobbly because you wont get a proper sqeeze on it with the lockring.
    I have since resorted to using the washer as I now have three sets of PX wheels all with the same hub body.
    The washer should come with a new casette.
    See attached for further info.
    Shimano tech doc 1
    Shimano tech doc 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Yup, looks like they need the spacer... cassette was loose without it. Now to find a spare spacer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Spacer should come with the cassette. Alternately any local shop should have one for free or very cheap depending on how well you know them I imagine.

Advertisement