Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suction pump, primer bolt/cap wanted.

• 12-03-2010 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

While using a three inch pump today I dropped the primer bold down a manhole and could not retrieve it. Does anybody know there i could get a replacement?

It appears to me to be a half inch plastic bolt/cap with an o-ring to seal the water.

just to clarify what I'm looking for, it is the bolt/cap you screw off to prime the pump to get suction.

I'm in the Limerick area

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i know the exact thing you are looking for.

the best bet is to go to a hire purchase place and see if they have the same pump.

failing that go back to the place you bought the pump ( that is if they are still in business ) and see if they sell spares.

that pump is a nightmare '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭LK_Dave

Martron wrote: »
    i know the exact thing you are looking for.

the best bet is to go to a hire purchase place and see if they have the same pump.

failing that go back to the place you bought the pump ( that is if they are still in business ) and see if they sell spares.

that pump is a nightmare '

tried the hire shop....same place as I bought it....no luck and they could not even say where to go to get one!!!

Although we did try the the bolt/stopper from a 2" pump and it was a perfect match.

Grand pump once you master priming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

priming it is a fine art.

i have got soaked several times.

good find with the other bolt/cap

Advertisement