Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession Lunch/Dinner

Options
  • 12-03-2010 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Since we had a similar thread on recession breakfasts, what do people here thinkwould be the best place in Limerick city for good value for a lunch on a Saturday or a dinner on a Friday night?

There was small place next to Texas Steakhouse I used to enjoy called O'Gradys before, quality dinner and nice and affordable, never too busy either. Don't think its there anymore unfortunately

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Jigga wrote: »
    Since we had a similar thread on recession breakfasts, what do people here thinkwould be the best place in Limerick city for good value for a lunch on a Saturday or a dinner on a Friday night?

There was small place next to Texas Steakhouse I used to enjoy called O'Gradys before, quality dinner and nice and affordable, never too busy either. Don't think its there anymore unfortunately

Is that the cellar? If yes, then dont forget yur coat or you'll freeze down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

phog wrote: »
    Is that the cellar? If yes, then dont forget yur coat or you'll freeze down there.

yea thats the same place. food is good but im not a fan of the place.

Subway
    upper william street(in the centra shop) has an any footlong 5 euro all day every day.

crusis street has any footlong for 5 euro after 5pm

McDonalds
    2 medium meals for 10 euro

The Bailey, o'conners and the old quarter's menus are quiet nice and you could easily find something substantial with 10 quid

Luigi Malones lunch menu is all under 10 quid as long as you stay away from the specials but doesnt include drinks but they use to do a free drink with all lunchs deal(dont know if they still do)
    also
    they do an early bird dinner menu (5pm-7pm tue-fri and all night mondays excl. bank holidays) which has a 3 course set meal for €19.95 or 4 course set meal €24.95

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

445279.ie wrote: »

Serious value. It's not just early bird either, €20 for 3 course from the ala carte menu from 7 until close. You'll be hard pressed to do better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

445279.ie wrote: »

Yeah, even a budget menu there wouldn't be worth it. Pretentious people and pretentious portions. And the name... My god. Nearly as bad a "brulees". LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Yeah, even a budget menu there wouldn't be worth it. Pretentious people and pretentious portions. And the name... My god. Nearly as bad a "brulees". LOL

I have never once had to send food back EVER but I did in this place. It was vile. Please STAY AWAY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Spice of India on O'Connell St is a great spot for food. Myself and himself eat there regularly and the food and service is top notch. The quality of their food is second to none and I reckon it easily rivals one especially highly regarded and well known Dublin restaurant.

Value wise their early bird is very competitive, 4 courses for 20 quid IIRC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

was always a patron of o'connors but both herself and I were very disappointed on our last two visits. found the food in the cellar far superior

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

+1

Went there once. Would never go there again.

If it's cheap food you're after you will get it here. I'd rather hold onto my €20 and buy a taco fries and a burger somewhere. It would be more tastier for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Exactly,portions were very small IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Costellos €10 steak dinner,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

City Wok over Scotts Bar near the South Circular road have mains starting at €5.95 with rice/noodles then extra......

Advertisement