Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANIMAL CRUELTY IN MY TOWN

Options
  • 12-03-2010 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi.

Just wanted to bring to everyone's attention a terrible thing that happened in my town last week. I live in Newtownards, County Down, Northern Ireland.

In Castle Street, off Portaferry Road in the town, there is a disused and derelict Chicken Hatchery. Last week, a gang of young people broke in there and tortured and burned a young kitten to death that they had stolen from a local resident. They used an electric cooker and tortured it for ages and then burned it to death. It is front page news in my local paper, The Newtownards Chronicle.

Apparently, they even videoed the torture while they did it. There was up to 50 of them there. The Police are investigating and they know about the video. The names of some of the criminals are known. I have even heard that the actual guy who did the sadistic and evil harm to the kitten is boasting all about his acts around his school where he goes. What can be done about this? How do we make sure this never gets done again?

If anyone can help, please do - that little kitten's life meant so much to someone, they should never get away with this. I am disabled and partially sighted and I have 6 cats, if I did not have them, life would not be worth living. I love them and they are so special to me.
    Any comments/help most welcome. Maybe we could start up a campaign to email/write/call local V.I.P.'s etc. etc. to force them to find and prosecute these people. Spread the word.

God Bless. Anthony. Ards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

What age are these people? Note that they are not all criminals. Happened in my area a few years ago, a young boy set fire to a dog. Horrible, he was only 11 or 12 years of age too.

I don't think we should get mixed up and equate humans and animals though, but these guys should definately be punished.

Have you contacted your local TDs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

Hopefully the police get the video, they prosecute and the culprits pictures are in the local papers. Their name will be dirt locally then...which is the min they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Apparently, they even videoed the torture while they did it. There was up to 50 of them there.
    Horrible horrible act :mad:

How do you know it was filmed?Many people have been arrested on evidence like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Jesus :( I feel sick after reading that, the thought of it. A fcuking innocent little kitten :( Bastards :mad: Please God they get some form of karma back for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

then you go and read something like this
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055852495

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 frostysnowman

Thank you all so much for your very kind and caring comments.

Yes, there definitely is a video - a local Govt. Councillor - that would be TD down South, has def. confirmed there is definitely a video circulating around of the evil act that shows the torture and killing of the poor wee kitten. The bastards even spray painted the walls with a message - " dead cat here" and an arrow pointing down to it's poor burnt wee body. Bastards.

All local Govt. authorities, the police, the owner of the building, the Elecitricty Board who left the electric connected to an empty building, the local radio station, everybody we could think of - all have been informed of every fact we could find so far.
    God knows if it will do any good. I am praying hard it will. I am on low disability benefits but I am still putting up a reward to help catch the killer.

It is just like those perverted 'SNUFF' videos that those sick wierdos make in America you read about - who ever thought it would happen here in Ireland?

I am so sorry to hear what those kids did to that poor woman by slashing her face. Sick wee monsters. Poor woman. God help her. To come that far and be treated like that in Ireland.

I am disabled and partially sighted and you should hear the ****e I have to take from young people about my dark glasses when I am out. If it wasn't for the fact I am pretty big and mean looking with it, I am sure they would have me killed dead long ago.

Thanks again for your kind comments - there are some good folks like yourselves left yet. God Bless you. Anthony.

Here is a link to the article in the local paper, the article is 'watered down' a fair bit to probably not scare people with the whole story. They should have said everything to let everybody know the whole truth I believe. The whole truth needs to come out. All of it.

http://www.newtownardschronicle.co.uk/pages.asp?sid=2&ssid=17&pid=278

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Jesus Christ - I am sick to my stomach after reading that. Why did I even go onto a thread that mentioned animal cruelty. This story will haunt me now. Those little bastards should be publically stoned - naming and shaming is not enough.
    And, you know, I also have a problem with the newspaper running the story. I know the public need to be informed but sometimes stories like these can prompt others to try the same thing and I know this for a fact through the line of work I am in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Shazanne wrote: »
    Jesus Christ - I am sick to my stomach after reading that. Why did I even go onto a thread that mentioned animal cruelty. This story will haunt me now. Those little bastards should be publically stoned - naming and shaming is not enough.

Your way to soft on them i think it would be nice if they had a taste of what the kitten went through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭annefitzy

We have been having a spate of bonfires in our area....And someone decided to burn a cat last night :mad: I can only pray that it died a quick death....A few yrs back I had 4 kittens that had been tossed on a bonfire sadly despite weeks of care and nursing they all died one by one ffrom infections due to there burns Haley was the last one to pass away ...I will never forget the night they were brought to my door they were no more the 4wks even the vet cried while looking and treating them....I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

uberwolf wrote: »
    then you go and read something like this
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055852495[/QUOT

This is a disgusting thing for one human being to do to another but why feel the need to post it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

That is ****ing sick. Even if they do manage to prosecute someone, all they'll get is a slap on the wrist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

What is wrong with someone that could do that? Do they just think cats have no feelings, or do they enjoy seeing something suffer? It sounds like they enjoyed it, and if they can do that when they're only in school, then what's to stop them hurting people in the future . . . I can't imagine how someone could do that.

I definitely think they should get some kind of punishment that will actually deter them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

***Mod warning***

Keep this on topic and try stop it descending into the usual crap that a few of you always seem to do with threads of this nature.

If this thread turns into the Cats and Wildlife thread Im going to start issuing permanent bans.

Dear Moderator,

My only aim to post this thread was to let people know what had happened and to ultimately generate some greater public pressure and opinion so the culprits could be brought to justice. If no-one cares, no-one will do anything to help.

Please don't forget, I live here in this town, it is scary. I don't want them to get at my pets and harm them for fun as well - the sooner they are caught the better. Hope this shows why I posted in the first place. Maybe I posted in the wrong place - I have never done this before? Anyway - thanks for everything. It is still good to have a Forum like this for discussion and help.

God Bless you. Anthony.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Dear Moderator,

My only aim to post this thread was to let people know what had happened and to ultimately generate some greater public pressure and opinion so the culprits could be brought to justice. If no-one cares, no-one will do anything to help.

Please don't forget, I live here in this town, it is scary. I don't want them to get at my pets and harm them for fun as well - the sooner they are caught the better. Hope this shows why I posted in the first place. Maybe I posted in the wrong place - I have never done this before? Anyway - thanks for everything. It is still good to have a Forum like this for discussion and help.

God Bless you. Anthony.

MrSnowman--My comment wasnt aimed at yourself.It was aimed at some of the regulars here who drag every thread about cruelty into a chaotic mess of personal insults etc.
    I was pre-warning those people not to start it on this thread.

Understand. Thanks for reply. Anthony.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

That is awful! How can they see killing a kitten like that as fun? This kinds of young people give all young people a bad name :( Which is quite sad because there are some great young people out there who adore animals and take great care of them, but you rarely hear those stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Does anybody know of their ages?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Does anybody know of their ages?

Does it really matter? They've been described as kids. It amazes me that none of them is stated as having tried to put a stop to what was going on - how could they all have been prepared to watch such horror. And, as an earlier poster said, if they can do this to an animal it would not take much more for them to do it to a human being - perhaps a child.
    I am just genuinely scared that these type of threads and/or newspaper articles can "glorify" such behaviour and that the monsters can get a perverse kick out of reading about the havoc and upset they have caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Shazanne wrote: »
    How could they all have been prepared to watch such horror.

Probably because the way children are mass produced and spat onto the street today, they exhibit sociopathic tendancies that mean they literally do not have brains wired to allow them to feel empathy for another living thing. They'd do it to a baby as quick as to a kitten, because they are empty and scalded inside, with nothing there that allows them to understand what they're seeing.

This is what happens when your kids are reared by telly, sexualised before they reach double figures, never interacted with by their parents, and living in a world where the 10 minute walk to the shops to buy 20 fags is infinitely more important than spending the same amount of time reading to your kids, for instance.

Garbage in, garbage out: these are the children today's Ireland are rearing - and this isn't a war-torn, rape-strewn country of deprivation, starvation and human trafficking. This is a first world country where a flat-screen telly is more important than a child.

In this environment, the innocent will always be the first to suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

Probably because the way children are mass produced and spat onto the street today, they exhibit sociopathic tendancies that mean they literally do not have brains wired to allow them to feel empathy for another living thing. They'd do it to a baby as quick as to a kitten, because they are empty and scalded inside, with nothing there that allows them to understand what they're seeing.

This is what happens when your kids are reared by telly, sexualised before they reach double figures, never interacted with by their parents, and living in a world where the 10 minute walk to the shops to buy 20 fags is infinitely more important than spending the same amount of time reading to your kids, for instance.

Garbage in, garbage out: these are the children today's Ireland are rearing - and this isn't a war-torn, rape-strewn country of deprivation, starvation and human trafficking. This is a first world country where a flat-screen telly is more important than a child.

In this environment, the innocent will always be the first to suffer.
    that is so true children are desensitised .But its still terrible i hope they get the kids but hey the police wont have any powers.Its a kitten today an old person tomorrow or another vulnerable person .These kids will grow up to be control freaks .The poor kitten i hope the law of karma returns ten fold on the eveil kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

Don't forget the sort of savagry they see on youtube also. I can't look at half the stuff on youtube but kids are watching all sorts of rubbish on it. Who know what affect that is having.

Advertisement