Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

engagement ring flushed away?

Options
  • 12-03-2010 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

my 3 year old and his mothers favourite(and only)engagement ring got together and the toilet got flushed and now we're wondering where he'd come out if he got flushed on a recovery mission. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Oh my

Ring the county council water works department.

It might show up somewhere in some filter somewhere!

Its only an idea but they would be able to tell you if theres any chance in shít of you gettin it back!! (sorry bout the pun)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

What type of house? are you in Charlesland?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

yeah house in charlesland. Will try the council

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

In the mid terrace houses in the wood we have access panels in the deck in the back garden. All household water and waste flows into this. You might be lucky and find it has just dropped in there. From there it flows down to the 3 bed mid terrace who have a manhole cover in the back garden. Could also have gone that far but I'd deffo try your own waste trap first.

Far as I know the pipes are never fully clean so the ring would probably get stuck on it's way through the pipes, if that's the case then a pipe cleaning company may be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

thanks for your suggestions but it actually turned up in a bag. By the way the Council said no chance of finding it at sewage treatment plant and plumber suggested dyno rod who'd use a camera to look through pipes then would have to dig down to wherever they saw it, extremely slim chance though. Hope it never actually happens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement