Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm off the smokes almost 6 weeks but I live in SPAIN!

Options
  • 12-03-2010 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Gave up smoking almost 6 weeks ago by reading Allen Carr's book and have found it easier than expected. Delighted with myself and feel so much better all round. Can't see myself starting again. The only time I really miss it, like everyone else in here,are the weekends when I go out and drink. Problem is, I live in Madrid where the smoking ban hasn't been brought in yet and where people smoke like troopers. I'm sitting here debating on whether I should go out or not....I'd love to but the idea of going out since I quit doesn't appeal as much. I have a pretty busy week and this is the only opportunity I get to see all my friends here and let off steam but I still have it in my head that I won't enjoy myself as much as I used to and I'll have to spend the whole night resisting temptation because everyone is smoking around me. Any ideas on how I can adjust that mind set? I don't want to become a boring hermit because of it.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Doesn't Allen Carr recommend that you DON'T avoid social occasions? I think if his method works the way he says it will, you shouldn't be worried about it.

Anyway, my tuppence worth - you've done a wonderful thing in stopping smoking, something that all ex-smokers should be rightfully very proud of. But there is absolutely nothing good about hiding yourself away from a temptation that, for all you know at this point, may not even exist once you're out there! Life is for living :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 aoifethomas

sorry to but in but i would loooove to live in Madrid! lucky you

Advertisement