Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to organise a charity night in Kilkenny.

Options
  • 12-03-2010 11:24pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi everybody,
    I'm going to cut to the chase, I'm trying to organise a charity night/ day in Kilkenny. I'm hoping to gather a few ideas and maybe get a few contacts here and set up the most profitable idea but without chugging, which is important to me. The charity I'm trying to raise money for is the Susie Long Hospice. Any input would be appreciated.
    TTFN

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

Havent got any ideas (other than some sort of night with food and maybe sponsership from the manufacturers - rubbish idea) but anything you do I would be interested in seeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

A table quiz perhaps? You could also raise more money at the event with the raffle. Ask around town - you might be able to get some spot prizes from shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Raft race on the Nore between the two bridges, home made rafts, sponsored prizes, entry fees for the teams go to hospice fund and people with buckets collecting from spectators on the day.

Prizes for the best team name, fastest raft, best design etc etc.

hold the event on the cat laughs weekend to be guaranteed an audience.

I'll take 10% for the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Not to mention the rhythm and roots festival next month.

Advertisement