Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mature student help needed!

Options
  • 12-03-2010 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

hi, i have been looking at the internet and am still none the wiser. I am in my late 20's and i am interested in becoming a primary school teacher, however my leaving cert results are not brilliant, i did pass it but just about! my hons irish is approx d3 or d4! i live in longford and have no idea what is needed or where to go to learn more about becoming a teacher. Is there someone that can help and advise me or someone that i can talk too? thanks;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

First place to contact would be the college admissions office. Ask to speak to the person in charge of mature student applications and take it from there. Ask what they look for in a mature student - experience working with kids, education background, volunteer work etc. etc.

Have a look at this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055676871 for general tips on applying as a mature student.

There is a forum on Teaching & Lecturing as well as a Primary & Pre school forum. If you do a search there should be a good few threads on mature student teaching applicants.

Advertisement