Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I Sorry Now!

• 13-03-2010 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

I was a BT 3MB Home Broadband Customer. Then I was changed into a Vodafone 7MB Home Broadband Customer. Happy Days! Not really. As soon as Vodafone took the line over, the DSL Sync began to consistently drop out.

There was a rush of blood to the head, and I decided to join....

EIRCOM! (sympathetic groans from the audience, although the word 'idiot' is heard)

I'm now an Eircom 3MB Home Broadband customer.

Trouble is, I haven't yet got better than 0.75MB. It is more stable, but man, is it slow. Some videos on the net consistently freeze while they are buffering.

I feel like leaving Eircom because they are not providing what I'm paying for. I know the product is UP TO 3MB, but surely I should get at least 1.5 or 2.

Have I any chance of being allowed out of the 12 months (of pain) contract on these grounds? If I try to downgrade to 1MB could my speed get any worse?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

I used to work in Eircom aaaages go... Did you ring them? Take the date, time and name of the person you are talkin to. Do what they ask you to do, eventually they send a lad over to your gaff, more than likely there is an issue with your line. Possible interference, shortage, etc. You need a man to be called over, but before they do, you have to go through that ridiculous process....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 modus

Thanks for the advice. Why do I feel I have a looong road ahead of me!

Thanks again

Well, its hard to blame them. There are certain processes that have to be followed and you bitching wont help at all. Just reset the modem, restart it, unplug the phones, connect to the main socket in tha hallway....went through this trillions of times, but it has to be done before you get an engineer sent out. I used to have a number to the manager's line so that you could speak with them directly but I deleted it about 3 years ago.. Good luck mate and let us know how did you get on!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

I found if ask for a manager straight away and you're an absolute pr*ck you can get almost anything.
    (assuming their service is crap)

Feidhlim wrote: »
    I found if ask for a manager straight away and you're an absolute pr*ck you can get almost anything.
    Bollix, the managers hate it and ask the lads to get all the details before it gets escalated. Sure it could've changed over a few years...

(When I was gettin a prick on the phone bitching from start I was just saying "bye" - improves stats on the phone a lot)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

Feidhlim wrote: »

first things first. Don't listen to this guy for any reason what so ever. Guys on customer services lines become experts at ****ing over people who annoy them. Its the same principle as not being rude to a waiter in a restraunt unless you have developed a liking to globs of saliva in your food. also its part of being a decent human being.

You will be asked to go through a couple of steps, if you say that you were speaking to someone before and went through this before in a nice way, ie don't sigh and moan but say the next step before the person on the other end of the line they are more likely to cut the bull and get the engineer to your house.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

What are your line stats?

Advertisement