Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairview Park- Avoid in the Evenings!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Masada wrote: »
    The natives don't call it Ho Chi Minh, they still call it Saigon.(the other side of the family are from there)., I've walked them myself at night and found the place to be very peaceful. Going back in a month too, its my second home.,:)

It's Rambo's 2nd home too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

...a good place to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Well Meeja, that's a good question to ask,it could be a case of both. however, even if they feel they don't have a stake in an area or they feel excluded from the community, attacking and mugging random people is definitely not the way to deal with it.Frankly, there's absolutely no excuse for that kind of behaviour.at all.Not to sound angry or hysterical but that's honestly the way i feel about it.

I couldn't agree more. I don't have any sympathy for the individuals who engage in this kind of behaviour. It's just that understanding how or why it comes about might make it easier to wipe it out, or at least cut it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

same situation occered yesterday in an area near fairview park except this guy wasnt as lucky as op to get away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

The massively disappointing thing about Fairview Park is that it consistently seems to be a trouble blackspot over such a long period of time.

Fair enough trouble can happen anywhere but the fact that the guards haven't been able to make this spot safe for citizens over such a very long period of time is very disheartening.

Much as I dislike the rise of CCTV in the city, I do think this is an area which could potentially benefit from this.

Also I don't buy the whole people not having a stake in society arguement, it's a question of people being assholes because they can get away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's a very pretty spot though.

Thought East Wall was all right, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I lived in East Wall for years. It's a grand place, but from what I can gather it's in a bit of a slump right now, just takes two or three individuals to make an area a "bad area" Don't want to infringe on the charter but I will finish off with... I found it a good area to live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Quentinkrisp

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I lived in East Wall for years. It's a grand place, but from what I can gather it's in a bit of a slump right now, just takes two or three individuals to make an area a "bad area" Don't want to infringe on the charter but I will finish off with... I found it a good area to live in.

Fair enough, i won't go judging an entire area based on the actions of a few scumbags, becuase there's lots of decent people living in east wall/north strand/fairview, but anything they do or achieve gets overshadowed by this kind of nasty **** being carried out by a few gurriers-that's how it can appear to many people at least

[/QUOTE]same situation occered yesterday in an area near fairview park except this guy wasnt as lucky as op to get away [/QUOTE]

Christ, hope he's ok!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Quentinkrisp

Dudess wrote: »
    It's a very pretty spot though.

Thought East Wall was all right, no?

True, it's a nice looking park, but it'd be way more prettier minus the scumbags

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Unfortunatly parks will always attract gangs of halfwits after dark,they're a realtively low-key place to knacker drink in peace..its not just "bad" areas either..i remember getting intoa pitched battle in herbert park in donnybrook with a gang of fools and when i lived in drumcondra there were always skobies drinking in the park once it was locked up.
    Obviously people should be allowed to go where they want and when they want but i would always avoid parks at night purely out of common sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Don't want to infringe on the charter but I will finish off with... I found it a good area to live in.

There have been changes to the charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

IED.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Place has always been a trouble spot. There was the lad kicked to death there from Castleknock last year, the 16 year old kicked to death 2 years ago, the Italian guy who's know crippled and that guy who was mistaken to be gay, also kicked to death.

Heard other stories as well, friend of a friend ko'ed in Fairview park on his way to Barcode, got a cinderblock thrown on his head by some passing knackers. Problem is because it's one of the largest, if not the largest green space closest to areas like Sherriff street, Summerhill, East wall, Ballybough, North Strand etc it attracts a serious amount of little ****s who think they're mad because they'e in front of their mates.

Gardas just need to start regularly patrolling there during the night to deal with them. 4 plain clothed Gardas walking around with pistols will quickly shut them scumbags up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Life is too short be hanging around in violent dumps. I just don't understand why people don't live in a nice area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Life is too short be hanging around in violent dumps. I just don't understand why people don't live in a nice area.

In fairness Fairview is hardly a dump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Fairview is a fairly nice area. It's just that large open spaces generally attract groups of young scumbags,
    especially if there are large number of bushes, trees etc (so nobody can see what you are doing). Plus it is hard for Gardai to access.
    Anyway if you were a garda, would you want to be heading into a dark park at night towards a large number of scumbags?
    I don't care what sort of training you have.
    The majority of gardai are ordinary decent people, it's hard to deal with the mentality of scumbags who don't give a shit about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Fairview isn't a bad area, the park is. Heard of financial constraints? Seen the prices houses cost in "nice areas"?

Advertisement