Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

north star hotel?

Options
  • 13-03-2010 3:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

hi everyone, im coming to dublin next sunday and im just wondering whats the north star hotel like as ill be staying there? and is it in a safe area beacuse ill be parking my car there and i dont want it getting robbed or bust up ha, thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its right opposite connolly so its a lively enough area. the luas is beside connolly and will bring you up to the heart of town but try walking up talbot street and looking at some of the shops

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

its right opposite connolly so its a lively enough area.....
    and by 'lively', you mean dodgy? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I think it has parking at the side?.. Probably secure.

Is it a safe area, well its not one of the most pleasant parts of our lovely city. Defo not an area where you'll go sight seeing, but its very central.

Store St. garda station is right around the corner :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Its a grand area but the pub in the hotel itself can be a bit hit and miss,., parking was extended a couple of years ago and you can access it through the front of the hotel and i believe through Foley street, (runs down the back of liberty house from Lloyds pub to Corperation street.

Not sure what the prices are like in comparison, but Jurys on the quays is a much nicer spot, still pretty close and there's a market thingy on the Canal dock there if you fancy a walk.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 corda

Not a bad spot, I've stayed there a few times myself. As the guys before me have said, the area itself is hit and miss and you won't find many sights to see but it's central and easy to hop on the dart / luas from Connolly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Its northside dublin. Its as safe as any city. Pleanty of traffic pleanty of movement. Just dont leave anything on display and lock the doors. Your more at risk yourself than the car if you catch my drift. Why dont you ask the hotel where to park.

Advertisement