Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I ask for a refund on the membership of youth orchestra?

Options
  • 13-03-2010 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi If I am writing in wrong forum, please excuse me. I have two daughters who play violin. They renewed a membership in September 09(They were members in previous year). Soon after that they decided to change. On first rehersal, we informed the orchestra. The initial response was no refund, then they asked us to correspond to them in writing. Someone on the phone promised to send us a check of 250 euro but we got a letter saying no refund again. It has been going on for a while. We tried IAYO as well but no response. We have read terms and conditions of the membership but there is no conditions attached to the refund(They just simply refused refund without a reason. In the form it says fees will cover snacks, use of building , etc but my kids weren't there at all)

Does anyone know where to go from here to retrieve the cancelled membership fee, please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Sorry but I've never heard of membership of any group/club/organisation being refundable?

You say the contract doesn't give any conditions on the refund? Does it mention refunds at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kilmurray

I checked other YO of different county. Some has T and C on the refund. This YO does not mention about refund/cancellation at all in their membership. Their reasons of refund are not proper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

If the contract doesn't mention refund then I would take it that it's not an option. Like I said, I've never heard of membership being refundable.

Advertisement