Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Year Fees?

Options
  • 13-03-2010 5:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Im in LYIT now studying Law and completely hate it now! Lost all interest in the last month and really want to go to UCD next year to study German :D I was wondering if i had to pay fees next year, even tho im legible 4 a grant? and if i do how much? :( Really hate all this college drama :o lol pleeaase heeelp :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Undergraduate fees are here http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/undergraduate.htm

German would be under Arts International Languages so 5,783.50 euro for the year and then whatever you get charged for registration, I'm not sure how the whole grant system works with going back to start first year in another college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭PrinceMax

probably. I left a course after a year and had to pay around 4,000euro when I enrolled in the new course. I was also eligible for the grant, but I because I dropped out, not only did I have to pay the fee, but I had to miss out on one year's grant in the new course. So the total cost was 7000. Not a big deal though if you think it will be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 x-Sinners-x

Ahh but i'm 18 tho and its fairly annoying getting that money. this sucks :( really wish i payed more attention to my CAO form last year :( did anyone actually get their grant afetr repeating first year in another course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭PrinceMax

Yeah true. I was lucky as I was able to get a job for a year, and then go back. It is a lot of money. What I mean is, if you can find work, perhaps, between now and September, it would be a good thing to spend your earnings on.

Advertisement