Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bathroom Audio

• 13-03-2010 6:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

I've never posted in this forum before so be kind...

I'm getting work done to my bathroom and I'd like to get it set up with a high tech sound system. At the moment I use a radio, an ipod and an FM transmitter to play radio and my music collection in the bath :o

I'll be getting speakers in the ceiling. I have my music on a wireless network and I've got a squeezebox in the main room.

What do you reckon the best music system would be? I've seen this KB Sound Select (Almost) Invisible Kitchen & Bathroom FM Radio & Remote Control with LCD Display and it looks cool. I thought I could use an FM transmitter with it and play my ipod music. But that doesn't seem integrated enough.

A Squeezebox duet looks like a good option but I don't quite understand how it would work. Would I need to maybe embed it in a wall hidden by frosted glass or something, plus have an amp/stereo close to the bathroom to power ceiling speakers? That would need to be accessible to switch on and off, either by IR or directly.

Have any of you done something like this and what would you recommend?

TIA

Edit: I have an internet radio and a spare Onkyo amp and I'm happy to buy whatever else I need. My music is on a networked PC and I just want access to that and FM radio.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

Look up sonos...tad expensive but the business and simple...

Advertisement