Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackburn Match Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Good strong performance without being overly impressive. The result is what matters though. Good to see JD and Pav keep the partnership going along nicely.

I mentioned the ref earlier in the week, he was rubbish again. He has done us several times over the last few years, always controversey when we have him. Today he was crap for both teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

What could kill us lads in the end is wolves doing the double on us and potentially stoke doing the double on us next sat.. thats 12 pts down the drain , in sayin that we've given ourselves a fightin chance , be great if sunderland took a point or 3 off city tomorrow

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Good win / performance without ever really breaking sweat.
    Onwards and uowards Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Modric did well today in midfield very impressed hope he can continue like this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Watched both the BBC & RTE offerings for highlights. Dunno how Webb didn't give Bale the penalty, and also thought Kalinic's 'goal' was harsh. Someday he'll give us all the decisions!

Still, good result, keeps us up there. I'd prefer the points than the games in hand and as long as we keep this run going we'll be in pretty good shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

BERBA wrote: »
    What could kill us lads in the end is wolves doing the double on us and potentially stoke doing the double on us next sat.. thats 12 pts down the drain , in sayin that we've given ourselves a fightin chance , be great if sunderland took a point or 3 off city tomorrow

COYS

if we had those 12 points and beaten b'ham and everton when we should have we would be near the top of the table. you cant think like that though. we are where we are cos thats where we deserve to be. gomes was very dodgy yesterday dont ye think? he came out for their goal and didnt even jump, just stayed on the ground. it was a free out though , samba was all over dawson

bales one was a total penalty, webb was 10 feet behind him and looking directly at it, how he didnt give it is beyond me. as gray said though he might have left it go to make up for the miss in the first half when corlukas tackle was also a penalty. their goal towards the end should have stood or else a free in as dawson hit him a clatter but we would still have won anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I'd give gomes a pass he's been brilliant for us and I can't remember any other mistakes and he did get wacked by nzonzi even if it wasn't on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Really enjoyed being at that game yesterday,the craic was great in the Park Lane end and I never saw so many Spurs fans on a plane over to a game before.Bale gave saldago an absolute roasting down the wing,imagine if we had Lennon on the right wing now, him and Bale would destroy most teams.Paul Robinson got some reception from the Spurs fans,they were singing England's England's number one at him and he stuck up 3 fingers to indicate that he was England's number 3 now,:)when he was going off injured he got a standing ovation and threw his gloves into the Spurs crowd.I have to say the Blackburn fans were the quietest away fans I ever saw at a game,not that there was a whole lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

They have had a **** old season tbf to the Blackburn fans.

It was only what 4 years ago they were still in for a chapions league spot with us in the April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

tippspur wrote: »
    Really enjoyed being at that game yesterday,the craic was great in the Park Lane end and I never saw so many Spurs fans on a plane over to a game before.Bale gave saldago an absolute roasting down the wing,imagine if we had Lennon on the right wing now, him and Bale would destroy most teams.Paul Robinson got some reception from the Spurs fans,they were singing England's England's number one at him and he stuck up 3 fingers to indicate that he was England's number 3 now,:)when he was going off injured he got a standing ovation and threw his gloves into the Spurs crowd.I have to say the Blackburn fans were the quietest away fans I ever saw at a game,not that there was a whole lot of them.

was over and on the 8.10 flight ex Cork and there ws the biggest Spurs crowd I'd ever seen on it. Happy days!

As for the game it was a comfortable win. Well on top against a very poor side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

salgado has branded bale a diver this morning. what a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I was Reading it,

smells of despiration doesn't it?

yiddo59 wrote: »
    was over and on the 8.10 flight ex Cork and there ws the biggest Spurs crowd I'd ever seen on it. Happy days!

As for the game it was a comfortable win. Well on top against a very poor side.
    That's he flight we were on,shared a taxi to the ground with a couple of Cork lads and a girl.

mickman wrote: »
    salgado has branded bale a diver this morning. what a joke
    Is that the best Salgado could come out with after the roasting he got from Bale:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

It wasn't all negative from Salgado:
    “Bale is a great player, but I was a little stupid because I changed my defensive position in the first half and it was very difficult for me.
    “At my age, it’s very difficult for me to chase and it was a horrible time for me, but I changed everything in the second half. But he’s a great footballer.
    “Bale is like Vicente from Valencia. He was a player who drove forward with the ball. He is a good player, with a good fuure and he’s playing for a top team so he has a chance to be a very good player in the future.”

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

My first Spurs game in a few years at WHL against Blackburn on Saturday and it was a joy to watch. We played some great football and could have won by a lot more. I have not been Lukas greatest fan but the lad is class - now if someone would just feed him. Watching him stroll pass Dunn( I think) and play the ball to Defoe with the outside of his boot for Pavs first goal was worth the admission price alone. And how great is Palacios. The lad is strong, fast and can pass (someone teach him how to shoot and we have a real top quality player). And then we have Gareth Bale. Best full back in the league at the moment by a long shot. The boy destroyed Salgado. Tie Bale down to a new contract now before the vultures start circling.

Thanks to all the lads here who gave me a few suggestions. Had a pint or two in the Coach and Horses before the game. Had a skinful in the Irish Centre watching the rugby after the game. Great day all round.

The only problem I have now is I want to go back for every game at the Lane.

COYS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

salgado is too slow for bale i don't understand why chimbonda wasn't switched with him to try contain bale (although i'm not comlaining! :D)