Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW 330CI

• 13-03-2010 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Im trying to modify my bmw 330. I want to have quad exhuast fitted and air vents inserted on the side... To make my car look like a M3.

Do you know anyone that does this, or will fit above for me...

In the Limerick region would be perfect...Thanks alot...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Please stop what you're doing.
    Sell the 330 and just buy an M3 if that's what you want but don't try and make your car into something it isn't..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

CoClare wrote: »
    Im trying to modify my bmw 330. I want to have quad exhuast fitted and air vents inserted on the side... To make my car look like a M3.

Do you know anyone that does this, or will fit above for me...

In the Limerick region would be perfect...Thanks alot...

make into what ever you want bro, i wouldnt do it personally but if i was to do it id reseach to see if OEM parts will fit and try find someone breaking an M3, you wont beat OEM parts for quality and fitement. Just please dont put an M3 badge on it

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dark-Mavis

You will knock a fair bit off the value of the car doing this IMO.
    Consider putting an oem areo kit and tastier bm alloys on it, would be much tastier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

I agree with the above please don't do it.The 330 is a fine car in its own right and nothing to be ashamed of.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 keith-b

tossy wrote: »
    I agree with the above please don't do it.The 330 is a fine car in its own right and nothing to be ashamed of.

m3 kit with clubsport splitter,csl bootlid bbs rims and it would be lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

keith-b wrote: »
    m3 kit with clubsport splitter,csl bootlid bbs rims and it would be lovely

What's an M3 kit? is it like an Rs4 kit? the M3 shares very few panels with a normal 3 series so there is no 'kit' that can truly make it look like an M3.

Also if he fits M3 or CSL Rim he will need to find 4 front ones,the rears won't fit.

If he wants an M3 sell it and buy one,if he wants a tastefully modified 330 then ditch the M3 rep idea and go a different route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

tossy wrote: »
    What's an M3 kit? is it like an Rs4 kit? the M3 shares very few panels with a normal 3 series so there is no 'kit' that can truly make it look like an M3.

Also if he fits M3 or CSL Rim he will need to find 4 front ones,the rears won't fit.

If he wants an M3 sell it and buy one,if he wants a tastefully modified 330 then ditch the M3 rep idea and go a different route.

if it was me id make it into a muscle car.... trade that current one in and get the smallest engine possible, then using current funds get a 318ci coupe and Make it low slung, big engine, rough paint, Rivet wheels...

Would certainly beat a tacky m3 conversion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

OP, Just about anyone who knows anything about cars would be able to tell a real M3 from fake, so I really can't see the point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    OP, Just about anyone who knows anything about cars would be able to tell a real M3 from fake, so I really can't see the point

ah yeah, isn't the whole argument with that that

The only people who will notice the difference are the ones who know it's not a real one so what's the point?

Advertisement