Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harsh Modding in Wedding forum

Options
  • 13-03-2010 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭

There's a thread in the Wedding forum about giving money as a Wedding present. It lead to a discussion about the etiquette. I think some of the modding in it is harsh.

I don't have a problem with a couple wanting, hoping or expecting money as a present for their big day. Others do and I feel anytime I try to defend my side of the argument, I am just threatened, banned or been accused of trolling.

I am unclear as to what part of the charter I am violating. I was banned for one week which I actually thought was so ridiculous it was funny.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055830434

There is only one mod for this forum. I think there should be more than one so that there is some objectivity as I think it is lacking.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

well, the first step is to PM the mod of the forum about it, then, if you feel that it is still unfair, PM the cmod nesf or Scofflaw and bring it up with them.

have to say though, I've read through that thread and Iago's modding seems perfectly fine to me. Sometimes, you need to know when to just let go. you make your point and you step away. Not everyone is going to agree with you but that doesnt mean you repeat ad nauseum until everyone just loses the will to argue and so you "win" by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Tim, I have absolutely no problem with people having different opinions, but you are being antagonistic in the way you discuss your opinion. You and one other person got banned due to this thread and the other person was in complete disagreement with you. The problem is not anybodies opinion, but the way the opinion is expressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

iguana wrote: »
    Tim, I have absolutely no problem with people having different opinions, but you are being antagonistic in the way you discuss your opinion. You and one other person got banned due to this thread and the other person was in complete disagreement with you. The problem is not anybodies opinion, but the way the opinion is expressed.

Ok sorry for that. Usually in other forums, you can be more pedantic and press people on their points a bit more e.g. the politics forum or the A&A and it's ok.

I'm sorry. Never meant to be antagonistic. I just felt I had made some good points in what was an interesting and thought provoking discussion and they were just skirted by people who took another stance.

I still think the modding could have been a bit fairer and diplomatic. But that's just my opinion.

Advertisement