Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options...Help!

• 13-03-2010 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

Ok, I was with BT and relatively happy by comparison with what was/is available.
    Stayed with vodafone for 1.5 months - got an increase in speed officially but practical experience was the service was rubbish. Switched to smart - now have no choice but to change (unless they can fix the problem ..random disconnects ...which i will give them the opportunity to do..before moving).

The big question is....

Where the hell do i go from here????

Eircom :rolleyes:

Digiweb (is smart run exactly as digiweb network or are they operated seperately even though digiweb own them?...I suppose what i'm asking is will i get random disconnects with them?).

Imagine ??

Perlico ??

Where else? I only have access to bitstream providers...

3 things i need.
    1. static ip
    2. 100% always on - without disconnects
    3. the highest upload possible (although i know options are definitely limited here).

Download speed is not necessarily so important to me.
    Any suggestions folks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,281 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm in the same boat, vodafone is utter rubbish (i'm ex bt), thinking I should go back to eircom as well.
    Would like to hear who people recommend?, honestly think eircom is the only option as if there's a problem i'll be dealing with eircom direct rather than someone like smart via eircom.

Advertisement