Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paddys day sydney

Options
  • 13-03-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

well lads where is the craic going to be on paddys day in sydney? planning a trip in from the sticks!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

The Mercantile down in the rocks will be packed as usual.

I'm not sure where to go really, don't like PJ O'Briens, Scruffy's is a hell hole. Might just head to the Porterhouse or Durty Nelly's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

define the craic, there will a big contingent in teh rocks, and some ppl will start at 1pm or earlier!

but merc is usually good, but will be packed, I head to the rocks anyway.

They are turning the opera house green at 6.30pm on wednesday, and on sunday the parade and an irish day in the park is on too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Are the U2 tribute band playing Hyde Park on Sunday? (think theyre called Elevation). Played last year, best Paddys Day Ive ever had, tbh prob best day Ive ever had in Oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Are the U2 tribute band playing Hyde Park on Sunday? (think theyre called Elevation). Played last year, best Paddys Day Ive ever had, tbh prob best day Ive ever had in Oz.

yes line up announced
    http://www.stpatricksday.org.au/family-day/
    5.45 U2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

hussey wrote: »
    yes line up announced
    http://www.stpatricksday.org.au/family-day/
    5.45 U2

Is there beer for sale on the day or is BYO or do you have to sneak it in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Is there beer for sale on the day or is BYO or do you have to sneak it in?

Drink sold in the park on the day, you can't BYO (unless you sneak it obv)

Mellor wrote: »
    Drink sold in the park on the day, you can't BYO (unless you sneak it obv)

wont sneak it if they selling it once its no dearer than a pub........ should be a good day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Anyone go to the park yesterday? It was savage craic! :D My liver took abit of a bruising!

Any idea what happened to the eejit that was dancing on the roof of the stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Anyone go to the park yesterday? It was savage craic! :D My liver took abit of a bruising!

I was there to about 6

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Was there until about 5:30 ish, man it was hot during the early part around midday. Got myself plenty of Taytos so off home I went, had a swim in the pool to cool down and few crisp sandwiches.

• Advertisement

Was there till the bitter end!! Some day!! Started off slow enough that one man and his guitar Rory Faithful was awful, would do a better job myself! Once Eleanor McEvoy finished the music really took off!! Blackwater pure class and For Folk Sake good as well and that U2 band were brilliant, usually not a fan of tribute bands but these where good or maybe it was the massive amount of alcohol in my system!!

Did anyone see the lads climbing the trees and just dropping into the crowd as the bouncers approached then 5 minutes later same bloke up tree and bouncers running over but he disappeared into crowd happened about five times!!

Also on the way out a lad up a tree surrounded by bouncers waiting for him to come down! wonder is he still there?

Some clown tried to run onto the stage when the u2 act where playing as well! he hopped fence at side and was up steps of stage and all before bouncers caught him!!

Why was the bloke on roof of stage missed him!

Going live on Tayto for the next month!! 3 for $5 better that $4 a pack in the Three Wise Monkeys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Was there till the bitter end!! Some day!! Started off slow enough that one man and his guitar Rory Faithful was awful, would do a better job myself! Once Eleanor McEvoy finished the music really took off!! Blackwater pure class and For Folk Sake good as well and that U2 band were brilliant, usually not a fan of tribute bands but these where good or maybe it was the massive amount of alcohol in my system!!

Did anyone see the lads climbing the trees and just dropping into the crowd as the bouncers approached then 5 minutes later same bloke up tree and bouncers running over but he disappeared into crowd happened about five times!!

Also on the way out a lad up a tree surrounded by bouncers waiting for him to come down! wonder is he still there?

Some clown tried to run onto the stage when the u2 act where playing as well! he hopped fence at side and was up steps of stage and all before bouncers caught him!!

Why was the bloke on roof of stage missed him!

Going live on Tayto for the next month!! 3 for $5 better that $4 a pack in the Three Wise Monkeys!

At the VERY END..He was doing a jig in a Leprauchan hat on the roof, the police rescue had to pull him down, they were starting to rough him up abit and they saw me filming and stopped, got a tip on the shoulder from a cop and told me it was an offence to film a police officer and requested me to delete the file, needless to say I didn't argue with him :cool:

At the VERY END..He was doing a jig in a Leprauchan hat on the roof, the police rescue had to pull him down, they were starting to rough him up abit and they saw me filming and stopped, got a tip on the shoulder from a cop and told me it was an offence to film a police officer and requested me to delete the file, needless to say I didn't argue with him :cool:

At the very end? I was have just missed him! I left after Irelands Call and as everyone was moving away! you should of told hi its an offence to rough someone up as well........

Wonder what happened the bloke! ah well great day all around though!! Sure Easter is just around the corner another excuse for a piss up!!

Advertisement