Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shiny Pokémon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I think you're just really lucky! It's not good when you find it hard to tell a shiny Pokémon apart from how it looks normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

yeah im almost certain i've accidently run away from a few shinys cause of the miniscule color differences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I was EV training for Speed when I got the Basculin, good thing I saw the shining animation :P

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Champion Gold

caught my first shiny a while back in the cave south of iccurus city.

Shiny Gurdurr:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Found my very first shiny in white forest, a female nidoran :D I had caught one literally 2 seconds before and was about to run when I noticed something a bit off :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Saffers

I've only ever had shiny pokemon in Pearl. I caught a shiny Pachirisu, and almost had a shiny Psyduck from the Safari Zone, but it fled. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Rendeva

Well I myself have a shiny Pidgeot and Ditto I got from Heartgold, the ditto was caught half an hour before Black and White were released. I also have a shiny Budew I caught in Diamond, soon to be a shiny Roserade (It's a good nature too :D ) My friend also traded me a shiny scyther just this morning, a legitimate one too! SO That'll eventually be a Scizor. I had a siny Noctowl years ago in Crystal, and I also have shiny Gyarados, Entei, Raikou and Suicune... But everyone has those :P

In short,
    Shiny Pidgeot - Columbo
    Shiny Ditto - Cyanide
    Shiny Budew - Domestic
    Shiny Scyther - Unnamed so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Just caught a Spr_5b_541_s.png Shiny Swadloon :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Finally caught my first Shiny of Black & White :D

Spr_5b_105_s.png

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Phareon

Had a Shiny Smoochum on Crystal, from that Old Guy's egg.

Shiny Shuppet -> Banette on Sapphire (now HG), the only one I've actually caught myself :)

Shiny Swablu: this is quite funny actually, it was the first Swablu I'd ever seen, on Ruby, didn't bother catching it, thought there'd be plenty more! Then saw a /normal/ blue one, I was like 'holy cow!!!!!!1 a Shiny!', so I caught it, thought it was a bit too good to be true when every other Swablu was 'Shiny' too, until the Internet taught me otherwise! Stupid cottonybirds ): Fml..

Not many more except from trades and on the GTS and stuff. My favorites are my Torterra that I got as a Turtwig, my Ninjask/Shedinja, my Gligar and my Noctowl :D

I've obviously got the Gyarados, Crown Dogs, Pichus, and some other randoms :P
    Haven't actually caught one of my own since Sapphire though :/

• Advertisement

no way, i got a shiny smoochum in crystal from the day care guys egg too

no way, i got a shiny smoochum in crystal from the day care guys egg too

I think I read somewhere that there was a 50% chance of the Day Care man's egg being Shiny in Japanese versions, but mine's Australian, so I'm not really sure how it came about exactly xD And hey, well done :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Phareon wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere that there was a 50% chance of the Day Care man's egg being Shiny in Japanese versions, but mine's Australian, so I'm not really sure how it came about exactly xD And hey, well done :D

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_egg#Odd_Egg
    From the Day-Care Man, will hatch into a Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, or Magby that knows Dizzy Punch. Available by trading in the Egg Ticket from the Day-Care Man at the PCC in Goldenrod City in the Japanese version. This egg has a 50% chance of being Shiny.

I don't know why it's only saying the Jap version, I recall that you always got the egg from the Daycare in Crystal.

I know I got a shiny Magby from it when I originally had the game (like not too long after it came out :P)

Phareon wrote: »
    why thank you, and it makes sense since mine was a japanese version

TheChrisD wrote: »
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_egg#Odd_Egg
    From the Day-Care Man, will hatch into a Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, or Magby that knows Dizzy Punch. Available by trading in the Egg Ticket from the Day-Care Man at the PCC in Goldenrod City in the Japanese version. This egg has a 50% chance of being Shiny.

Exactly!! Didn't want to post a link, since I'm not sure if it'd count as advertising :O
    Well, anyway, it's Shiny no matter how :D

EDIT: I remember having this conversation on another forum, and a few other people had Shinies from his Egg too!! Maybe someone should get confirmation and take this up with Bulbanews/pedia!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I missed a shiny Abra in Emerald, uncountable numbers of shinies in Battle Frontier, shiny Poochyena at the game's start in Sapphire and probably more.

In Diamond I caught a shiny Bidoof after playing for 52 minutes. I chained like a mad man and caught countless amounts of shinies that way (I even wrote a guide to it :D). I bred a female shiny Combee, Ponyta, Eevee, Staryu and some more in Platinum but I knew what I was doing :P

In Black I've found ~20 shinies, and hatched around 10, but once again that's using RNG abuse :P Do you guys know about that or is it allowed to be discussed here? Its not hacking or anything.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    In Black I've found ~20 shinies, and hatched around 10, but once again that's using RNG abuse :P Do you guys know about that or is it allowed to be discussed here? Its not hacking or anything.

It kinda is :P... I always felt that a random Shiny is the best because of the absolute terror you feel when it shows up, in case it flees or faints.

Also, just caught a Shiny Litwick there in White! Nature is the worst possible, it's bloody Adamant, so I won't use it. Still gonna evolve it and look at it's deadliness though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Meh, the joy when it works out too though :P But I agree, the terror of random shinies is unbeatable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

The only shiny I ever caught was a shiny Pelipper, I was prepared to use my master ball if I didn't catch it with my quick ball :P

I have also caught pokérus twice in pokemon games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

I have a shiny I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I once thought I caught a shiny Gastrodon but it turned out I was just stupid! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

The first shiny Pokémon I ever found was a green Onix, back in Gold! Ah, the delight. I tried for ages to get a shiny Marill afterwards, but had no such luck; found a shiny bloody Tentacool instead. Still, a shiny's a shiny!

I didn't encounter any more until the 4th Gen. It took me a few months to realise that I had hatched a shiny Mantyke back when I used to play Diamond. I had bred it in order to fill up my Pokédex, after which it was abandoned into a forgotten, love-starved corner of Bebe's PC. Maybe it was the dull colour clarify of my old DS phat, or maybe it was the first Mantyke I had seen, but it went unnoticed for ages!

I tried a few of the more fruitful methods of finding shinies with some success, too. Pokéradar chaining allowed me to catch two shiny Shinx, and I hatched a shiny Vulpix thanks to the RNG prediction application by Mingot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

I spent ages using the masuda method to get a shiny charmander. Eventually got him, but havnt done anything with him. Havnt even evolved him to charizard yet!

wobbles wrote: »
    I spent ages using the masuda method to get a shiny charmander. Eventually got him, but havnt done anything with him. Havnt even evolved him to charizard yet!

But dude, Black Charizard. He's straight outta Compton like. Awesomeness incarnate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Just got my first in game shiney, a lvl 2 patrat. It will become level 100. Have a couple of shineys from trades including a shiney charrizard

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

One of the lads I live with bought White when it came out just to play when he was bored in work, he hasn't even finished the game yet but knows of my lack of shiny torment. So you can imagine my absolute despair when he comes home from work and goes "I think I got a shiny today" only to flash his super sexy shiny Rufflet in my face. Its got to be karma

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

First shiny in ages, day before I get Black 2: a shiny Luvdisc in white!
    Spr_5b_370_s.png

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Just caught a Shiny Mareep in Floccesy Ranch in Black 2!

Spr_5b_179_s.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Not only did I NOT get a mareep, you find a shiny one.
    ASS HATS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

I managed to get a hatched shiny Marrep once. Think it was on D/P/Pltm. It was my second shiny after a golden magikarp that I stupidly evolved into everyone's favourite Red Gyarados

Advertisement