Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirsoft Vs Strike arms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

although the both sites show an AUG for example they are in fact different brands, the eirsoft version is made by JG and is a clone of the TM version on strike arms site, TM are known for there exceptional quality and reliability, there made in japan with a highter priduct cost leading to a higher end cost compared to the clone JG made in china, but the JG copy is an excellent product and is up there with the JG G36c as being on of the best value for money clones on the market, the CA is another high end aeg that has a bad reputation in Ireland although personally i think this is a little undeserved

in terms of value for money you can not beat the JG even thought im a big TM fan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

DufferO8 wrote: »
    i was looking for my first gun and noticed the huge price difference between these too sites. Strike arms are very expensive compared to eirsoft. Does this mean that strike arms have better quality? i have put links at the end of this post.
    BTW my first post!

http://www.eirsoft.ie/jing-gong-steyr-aug-a1.html
    http://strikearms.com/page8.htm

They are not the same AEG, one is made by JG, a Chinese clone, and the other is made by CA based in Hong Kong. The JG is just as good if not better than the more expensive CA AUG A1.

At one time CA made good quality AEGs but now the clones coming from China are just as good and better especially form JG.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Both are actually made in China, The JG is a lot better than the CA in terms of reliability/value etc. If ya want to go high end though, Forget about a CA and look at the TM instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Masada wrote: »
    Both are actually made in China, The JG is a lot better than the CA in terms of reliability/value etc. If ya want to go high end though, Forget about a CA and look at the TM instead.

well there are 3 manufactures there

JG - China
    TM - Japan
    CA - Taiwan, then started sports line production in china ( universally panned as a bad move) but as far as im aware they still product high end gear in Taiwan from what I've seen, but i believe it is only final assembly still in taiwan part still seem to be sourced and produced in china so all really a mute point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

happy first post!!!

but id go with eirsoft, kick start the economy and such!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

.SONIC. wrote: »
    happy first post!!!

but id go with eirsoft, kick start the economy and such!

Is strikearms.com not Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Is strikearms.com not Irish?

It is.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,924 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

DufferO8 wrote: »
    i was looking for my first gun and noticed the huge price difference between these too sites. Strike arms are very expensive compared to eirsoft. Does this mean that strike arms have better quality? i have put links at the end of this post.
    BTW my first post!

http://www.eirsoft.ie/jing-gong-steyr-aug-a1.html
    http://strikearms.com/page8.htm

Pro tip - do some research into the different airsoft brands.There's a lot more to it than the particular gun you're after. You need to know which brand do which gun well.

It's like the difference between buying branded and unbraded clothes. In some cases it's just a name thing, people like to buy Nike because of the name/status etc. In others cases the branded stuff is of higher quality.

So yep, back to my original point...research research research!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭DufferO8

thanks im gona get the eirsoft one.
    anyone know any good shops for clothes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Are we talkin NIKE clothes or unbranded clothes? :D

• Advertisement

dont mind just good value

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

www.mandmdirect.co.uk

Completely OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Mmmmmm, M&Ms...

that site sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Try Flecktarn.co.uk.

thanks Lefty

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mcrdotcom

Duffer I would of given you a site if you'd asked me...and isnt funny how you got advice from Lefty who happens to go airsoft in HRTA on a Sunday which is when I usually go (starting again this Sunday) and I happen to be a friend of Duffers from school...ha...funny..

mcrdotcom wrote: »
    Duffer I would of given you a site if you'd asked me...and isnt funny how you got advice from Lefty who happens to go airsoft in HRTA on a Sunday which is when I usually go (starting again this Sunday) and I happen to be a friend of Duffers from school...ha...funny..

ye but if i post here id get more than one opinion

Advertisement