Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's going on on shop street

Options
  • 13-03-2010 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Loads of cameras around and film crews. Girlfriend asked one of the camera men what was going on and he said he couldn't tell her. Like it was a secret or something. Anyone any clue.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Were they dancing in the moonlight ???

It was a Flash Mob. Was walking down the street, heard the music, went over to see what was going on, and suddenly other "onlookers" started dancing around. Had to retreat quickly. It went on for about 5 mins. and then, they were gone. Very surreal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

They're doing a docusoap on Seamusín, everyone's favourite little person

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

dilallio wrote: »
    Were they dancing in the moonlight ???

It was a Flash Mob. Was walking down the street, heard the music, went over to see what was going on, and suddenly other "onlookers" started dancing around. Had to retreat quickly. It went on for about 5 mins. and then, they were gone. Very surreal.

Yeah and it's caught me in its spotlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Teehee! Some of you would have copped it as we invited boardsies to join us on a thread on the Galway forum
    ;
    As part of the Arts Festival they organised a few rehearsals in the black box over the past few weeks and only told us today what time it would be on!

Went really well, altho we were all really squished as Shop Street was packed anyway...I got someone to film it so I'll post it later, but there were cameras everywhere and photographers..

A really fun two minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I got some of it on my phone - missed the start cos I was trying to retreat when everyone around me started dancing :o

LadyPennyworth - can you see yourself in this?

• Advertisement

Deadly, thanks for that Dilallio!
    So soon too!

I'm behind the guy with the baseball cap and beard! But can see another boardsie so I'll alert him to your video!

There were cameras in Lynches and on top of McCambridges so looking forward to that footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Nice one for that. It was brilliant craic being part of it. The rehearsals were great too. Looking forward to Wednesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Aw no, I would've loved to have been part of that. I was only saying it a few days ago to the hubby when we were watching one on tv that it would be great fun to be in one:mad:

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Nice one for that. It was brilliant craic being part of it. The rehearsals were great too. Looking forward to Wednesday night

Deadly, who were you ?! :)
    Loved it, wasn't it great craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Deadly, thanks for that Dilallio!
    So soon too!

I'm behind the guy with the baseball cap and beard! But can see another boardsie so I'll alert him to your video!

There were cameras in Lynches and on top of McCambridges so looking forward to that footage.

Looks brilliant.

Fair play to all involved.

• Advertisement

Deadly, who were you ?! :)
    Loved it, wasn't it great craic
    I was over near the Zhivago side. can't see myself in that video. I think the official video will be up on Monday. I haven't laughed so much in a long time as I did at those rehearsals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

orla wrote: »
    Thank god your not the girl in black at the front there !

Why?

galwaybabe wrote: »
    I was over near the Zhivago side. can't see myself in that video. I think the official video will be up on Monday. I haven't laughed so much in a long time as I did at those rehearsals

So was I......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

I miss living in Galway. It's plentiful of hot chicks it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Looks like loads of fun! Who organized it? How dose one get involved, if there is to be another one that is!

Looks like loads of fun! Who organized it? How dose one get involved, if there is to be another one that is!

It was the St Patrick's Festival crew, as the St Patrick's Day festivities kicked off today... not sure there'll be another one for a long time, although it would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

looked great craic! Sorry I had to miss it.
    There's more stuff on the streets on Mon eve too, bit of street stuff from the Macnas young folk I believe.
    Just get together with your friends and plan a flashmob of your own! It can be as simple or elaborate as you choose. :)

Here's the footage I got someone to take. Spot yourselves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Awesome stuff. :D

One more, apparently the professional ones will be up Tuesday ?
    Here's an aerial view one but he misses the mexican wave :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

the best are the ones who are trying to join in but don't know the steps. :D

fair play!

Xiney wrote: »
    the best are the ones who are trying to join in but don't know the steps. :D

fair play!

There's a legend of a chap in a red jacket in my video, hadn't a clue but got stuck in the middle and joined in; except for the freeze part: he did a little wobble and scooted out! That's what made it fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

absolutely lol

can't wait for the pro video - going up on fb!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's unreal! Fair play to everybody involved, this is what I love about Galway.

A massive one for the Volvo Ocean Race would be cool. Loads of time to practice! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

mars bar wrote: »
    That's unreal! Fair play to everybody involved, this is what I love about Galway.

A massive one for the Volvo Ocean Race would be cool. Loads of time to practice! :D

That would be a great time to do one:D
    Would defo get a lot of national attention!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Aw bless the fella in the red jacket. What a legend. I'd love to be part of a flashmob.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Boards flashmob? ;)

• Advertisement

inisboffin wrote: »
    Boards flashmob? ;)
    + 1

Advertisement