Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's going on on shop street

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

One more, apparently the professional ones will be up Tuesday ?
    Here's an aerial view one but he misses the mexican wave :D

That is BRILLIANT! Fair Play that must have taken some practice! Im so robbing this and putting it up on fb! Lady I spotted your sister but didnt see you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

That was pure class! must've been nerve-racking waiting for the music to start... well done to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Fair play to ye, nothing like a bit of nice clean fun :D

Wish i'd known about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Fantasic, but... that's the narrowest part of Shop Street, could ye not have moved it down towards Easons a bit....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Fantasic, but... that's the narrowest part of Shop Street, could ye not have moved it down towards Easons a bit....

Yeah, I agree. I don't know why they didn't do it where the three streets meet outside Evergreen/Kings Head :confused:
    Would have been much better. I don't know why.

Some pics up on my facebook, small as i had to crop, but see if ye find yourself: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=396572&id=502670580&ref=mf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Clinque

This was brilliant! Well done to everyone involved! I'm only sorry i wasn't there to see it!

Can I ask what gave you guys the idea to to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

It was the Patricks Fest gang, and a lot of those folks are theatrey/dance types. They'd do a lot of theatre events too.
    Flashmobs have grown in popularity over the last few years. A cross between Street Theatre and Performance Art and Improv. I think it's a brilliant thing to do just for the sake of it!
    Sometimes flashmobs are people frozen, people all singing the same song (there was a deadly sing-song one in Grafton St last year!)

I didn't do this one so not sure of the specifics of the song chosen etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Clinque

Ahh right thanks for the explanation.. I saw the one with The Black Eyed Peas and Oprah on youtube which was brilliant also! It's a great idea - looking forward to the Patricks Day Fest now!

I *think* they chose that song because its the theme of the St Patrick's festivities this year; the party in the black box next saturday is called 'Dancing in the Moonlight', maybe 'Moon' or 'moonlight' is the theme...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Is linedancing making a comeback?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

Check this one out. Pretty cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

Can't believe I missed it! Looks like great fun! How did u get involved?

NMoore wrote: »
    Can't believe I missed it! Looks like great fun! How did u get involved?

Through boards. :)
    Someone posted it on the 'Meeting new friends in Galway' thread. An email had gone around to dance schools etc, but there was also a facebook for it.. there were four boardsies as far as I know who took up the offer, me, TenLeftFingers, Wolverine and Galwaybabe... maybe there are more we just don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Yeah, I agree. I don't know why they didn't do it where the three streets meet outside Evergreen/Kings Head :confused:
    Would have been much better. I don't know why.

Some pics up on my facebook, small as i had to crop, but see if ye find yourself: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=396572&id=502670580&ref=mf
    Any chance you could post a few here, LadyPennyworth. I left facebook a while ago and so, can't see your pics. Ta in advance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Just saw an amazing video of the flashmob on YouTube, I'd say it was the official one, with multiple angles etc! I was about to create a link to it but it was removed. I'd say they'll put it up again soon, saw a comment from the uploader (not the toploader, haha) saying their name was spelt wrong in the video text, so maybe that's why it was removed, probably wanted to re-edit it and then re-upload, hopefully soon!!

There's tonnes, so I'll post three and sure if you want I can email them :confused:

25687_10150125770540581_502670580_11498782_4797805_n.jpg
    25687_10150125769170581_502670580_11498773_5453161_n.jpg
    25687_10150125771810581_502670580_11498803_3069926_n.jpg

These two were taken by Joe Travers (www.joetravers.ie) not mine!
    14104_394036791083_587746083_5294021_3668823_n.jpg
    14104_394036801083_587746083_5294022_111490_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Lets play a Galway game of "Where's Waldo" with Little john Nee playing Waldo.
    Spot him?

14104_394036801083_587746083_5294022_111490_n.jpg

Spotted!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Spotted!!!!

PM the rough area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Spotted!!!!

Ditto

Great pics by the way! I've clocked myself in a few of them

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Spotted him almost immediately! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Spotted a couple of youse! Cool pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

Thats brilliant! I'm raging I missed it! How do you get involved in something like that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Very cool, would loved to have seen it. Fair play to those in it:)

There's a funny bit in one of the videos taken from above Lynches I think?

When the first girls starts dancing, the one walking towards her looks like she thinks it's a charity mugger and tries to avoid her:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

That was great.
    Particularly love the way it ended with the older blonde lady and the old guy in the grey fleece who had joined in now looking utterly confused. I wonder how she managed to shake him off after that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

Fair play to everyone but to be honest, flashmobs are a bit outdated. Unless it's something really different. There's nothing surprising about them anymore. They seem to be most effective when there is a huge crowd and the chorography is tighter. Was it just me, or did anyone else not exactly get goosebumps watching this.

I wouldn't bother organising one for the Volvo.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

RubyBlu wrote: »
    Fair play to everyone but to be honest, flashmobs are a bit outdated. Unless it's something really different. There's nothing surprising about them anymore. They seem to be most effective when there is a huge crowd and the chorography is tighter. Was it just me, or did anyone else not exactly get goosebumps watching this.

I wouldn't bother organising one for the Volvo.

Everything comes back into fashion.

There is a lot of time for a VOR to be effective, to have a huge crowd and tight choreography.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

To have anything good for Volvo, you'd have to go down the road of professional dancers/artists and something really cutting edge and original. Wouldn't that be better than trotting this old dead horse out again.

Sorry to sound mean, not my intention. It would just be embarrassing to do this at such a big event.

Advertisement